It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:45 pm 

Hi,

Whenever i freeze a track, there is this crackling sound upon completion, like ice breaking. I freeze and unfreeze like a snowman with a blowtorch in an avalanche. So i'd like to hear "That sounds really good, Juno!" instead, please. :wink: Or, if that's not very likely to happen, i'd like to freeze tracks without hearing that sound. Is that possible somehow?
It's a bit loud and after a couple of freezes it turns into a sophisticated torture device :mrgreen:

still playing: at the drive in-calexico-d. bowie-dead moon-neubauten-faith no more-godflesh-god lives underwater-gy!be-gbv-j. frusciante-misery loves co.-nin-noir désir-p. hammill-pixies-rush-silver mt. zion-swans-the mars volta-vdgg-zen guerrilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:36 am 

If you are using Windows then go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\mixrez and there is a file called 'ice-freeze.ogg' its just an audio file. Either rename it to something like 'ice-freeze.off' or move it out of that folder or even delete it.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:45 pm 

Thanks Dave, that was what i needed!
I still have to get used to the way Mixcraft is designed. In any other program that file would have been called dg6Yppz21056H6.zax or there would be 500 files called sound.snd, so for sure i thought looking for it would not let me find it.
Wrong. Experience is one thing, bias another.

Thanks again, Dave.

still playing: at the drive in-calexico-d. bowie-dead moon-neubauten-faith no more-godflesh-god lives underwater-gy!be-gbv-j. frusciante-misery loves co.-nin-noir désir-p. hammill-pixies-rush-silver mt. zion-swans-the mars volta-vdgg-zen guerrilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:26 am 

w/ the time it takes to freeze certain tracks on mine I could import something like Foreigner's "Cold As Ice" to play while waiting. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 am 

Great to know! It doesn't bother me much, but I didn't realize we could change that!! Awesome!

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:08 am 

gypsy101 wrote:
w/ the time it takes to freeze certain tracks on mine I could import something like Foreigner's "Cold As Ice" to play while waiting. :lol:

Yeah. I tried humming that song while freezing a track, but it didn't really matter, it seemed. So now i'm looking into helium cooling systems, but then i'm afraid that all vocals will sound like the Smurfs, you know, or like Primus.

:P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm 

Juno wrote:
Thanks Dave, that was what i needed!
I still have to get used to the way Mixcraft is designed. In any other program that file would have been called dg6Yppz21056H6.zax or there would be 500 files called sound.snd, so for sure i thought looking for it would not let me find it.
Wrong. Experience is one thing, bias another.

Thanks again, Dave.

Glad I could help. Yes, Mixcraft's file structure is user friendly. I wanted to get rid of that awful transport bar font, and found the font file in one of the mixcraft folders. I just moved it out of the folder and hey presto, no more ugly transport bar font that looks more like it belongs in a digital alarm clock than a DAW.