It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 am 

I love Accoustica Label Maker and have the latest version 3.40. I am printing directly to my CDs on a HP 7560 Photosmart that allows me to feed the CDs into the printer. But I'm having a problem in which every 4th or 7th (very random - no pattern) CD prints with 1/4th of an enlarged version of the image. I am running it on a very new desktop computer running windows 8. I use to run this software on a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7, and the same problem use to happen very infrequently... perhaps every 20th or 30th CD, but now it's much more frequent. Please help.

Post subject: Re: CD Direct Printing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:16 am 

Hi,

Are the printing problems related to a particular label project, or are you printing the same label and once in a while it messes up?

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:29 am 

I have multiple projects (different image files) and the problem is occurring in all of the projects. Then once the printing error occurs, that disc is ruined and is no good. Then I have to reburn discs to replace those. This problem is becoming expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:35 am 

Hi,

Check and see if here are any updates for your printer drivers on the HP web page.

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 pm 

Thank you. I updated the drivers as you suggested and the install indicated that I now have the latest software. I will give it a try and report back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm 

I tested 10 copies and all 10 printed successfully. Unfortunately for me, the 11th disc was the real thing and the same problem occurred! Another ruined disc. Now what?

While I'm at it... two other existing problems that I did not explain, also still persist.

PROBLEM 1: Occasionally, the printer thinks it's printing on paper and not the single disc. (I have "CD only" selected in the window in the top right-hand corner of the Accoustica window). The printer screen tells me to load paper. My solution has been to just cancel the job and reprint. That seems to solve the problem.

PROBLEM 2: Occasionally, the printer prints only a portion of the disc (usually 25% of the image) and spits it out. Accoustica thinks the job is complete and ends the job. I usually reinitiate the job and that one 25% of the disc is darker than the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:59 pm 

Hi,

The template you select determines what the label maker will try to print on. If you choose the name of your printer as your paper type template, the label maker will try to print on a disc. If you choose "Plain Paper" or some kind of label paper, the label maker will try to print on paper.

Try this: click Print in the label maker, then click Properties. These are the settings for your printer. Try lowering the print quality setting to a lower quality setting. Does that help?

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:10 pm 

Which of my 3 problems do you think this will solve? When I bring up PROPERTIES, it was automatically set on GENERAL EVERYDAY PRINTING. So I clicked on PRINT ON CD/DVD. Which of my 3 problems do you do think this suggestion will solve?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:14 pm 

Hi,

I addressed one of the three problems with this:
Quote:
The template you select determines what the label maker will try to print on. If you choose the name of your printer as your paper type template, the label maker will try to print on a disc. If you choose "Plain Paper" or some kind of label paper, the label maker will try to print on paper.

The suggestion about lowering the quality setting was intended for both of the other problems. Give it a try and see what happens!

Greg