Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Mixdown crash

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

daveydad

Mixdown crash

Postby daveydad » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey guys. Help! Never had a single crash with Mixcraft 6 but when trying to mix down a project tonight it crashes about 25% of the way into the mixdown stating cause is a compressor plugin and a strings VST I've used countless times before. Any ideas??? Thanks!

daveydad

Re: Mixdown crash

Postby daveydad » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Update. I froze the track that seemed to cause the problem and it mixed fine. Why is it doing this? It's a simple timpani track using Garritan's Instant Orchestra.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi,

I think you've got a support ticket going on this, so we can keep working on it there.

Greg

rcallicotte

Postby rcallicotte » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 am

Did this ever get resolved? I'm thinking about buying some Garritan instruments and, once I get Mixcraft, I don't want to have any incompatibility.

daveydad

Postby daveydad » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:22 am

Hi. I finally ended up getting a new computer made just for audio recording.... which took care of everything. A normal everyday computer just isn't quite up to snuff. I also found that using entire ensemble of Garritan's presets is too much. Using the individual instruments puts a lot less strain on your system. Hope this helps. IO is still awesome and one of my go-to VSTs!

Return to “Mixcraft”