Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Mixcraft 6 and Reason

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

GuinessWalker

Mixcraft 6 and Reason

Postby GuinessWalker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello, So I've finally managed to attach reason to Mixcraft 6 using the supported Rewire feature. I was able to succefully get at least one instrument from reason to play in mixcraft, however as soon as I try to add a new instrument it replaces the old one. I've tried setting each track in mixcraft to specific combinators but still only sound in one instrument. Can someone offer some help? I don't want to go buy a new DAW and I love that mixcraft now supports Rewire but as is the case at the moment, it isn't as useful as I'd like it to be :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MusicMeister

Re: Mixcraft 6 and Reason

Postby MusicMeister » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:53 pm

As far as I know, the Rewire in Mixcraft isn't very reliable, so I don't think it's a problem on your part. However, is there a reason (no pun intended) you need to specifically use rewire to play the instrument? If it is just a vst, you can add it directly to Mixcraft.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 6 and Reason

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi,

Your Reason project would show up as a track in Mixcraft. If you have multiple instruments in Reason, they would all play on the one Rewire track in Mixcraft. If you're only getting one instrument in Reason, that's a Reason issue, not a Mixcraft issue.

Greg

Return to “Mixcraft”