It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm 

Just wondering - my Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 box says the system requirements are "Windows XP, Windows Vista or Window 7" (Windows 8 is not listed on my box), but the Acoustica website (as well as others) say the software also works on Window 8. I am about to purchase a Windows 8 computer and I am fearful that I may have an out-dated version of Pro Studio 6. Will the software I have work on Windows 8? Thanks!! CM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:47 pm 

Hi,

Any version of Mixcraft 6 works with Windows 8, but if it turns out that you don't have version 6.1 build 217, you can select "Check For Update" from Mixcraft's help menu to update to the latest version at no extra charge.

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Mixcraft will work great on Windows 7 and Windows 8, 32- and 64-bit versions alike.

Mixcraft should automatically download the latest version (Build 217) during the installation. If, after the installation, you don't have Build 217 installed, just go to Help->Check For Updates to get the latest version.

Thanks,
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm 

Dan, Greg,

You guys are great. Appreciate the VERY quick responses!!

Best to you both,
CJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 am 

As Greg and Dan say (and they should know ;-) ) you will be absolutely fine with Mixcraft. However double check and hardware that you have - like audio interfaces, control surfaces etc. Whilst it is unlikely there have been reports of some hardware not working correctly on Windows 8. As I said, chances are you will be OK - but it wont hurt to check.

Good luck.

Cheers

John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 pm 

Thanks for the reply! I have read that Windows 8 MAY have issues with some of the aspects of Mixcraft Pro Studio 6. I talked with a tech rep (who has EDM and Vid Gaming experience) from a retail company (BB). And he said there shouldn't be any problem with the software given the computer I am buying JUST FOR EDM - that's the only thing I'll be using this CPU for... I was having major latency issues and cracking when plugged into a MIDI keyboard.

Link to the computer I'm buying is below. Havent' gotten it to test drive the computer yet, but I will post anything I see as issues for you all here. Again, thanks for your replys and "instant" support!

I'm also interested (which I should post in another forum question). What do you all think of Rick Snoman's "Dance Music Manual - 3rd Edition) ?

Here's the link to the computer I'll be using for my EDM work exclucively:
http://www.asus.com/Desktops/M51AD/