It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:36 am 

I am wondering how I would add different sounds that I want to use in mixcraft? I want to find other virtual instrument sounds on the internet and then add then into mixcraft so I can use them in my songs. How would I go about doing that? I know at the top of the list of virtual instrument sounds that there is a list with four options that I think might have something to do with it. They are Custom, VSTi Instruments, ReWire Devices, and External MIDI Devices.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:40 am 

We need to know what instruments you want to add (synths, strings, etc) as there is a virtual universe of possibilities to choose from.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 am 

Agreed.
Marc, your recent questions are far to vague and general, you might get much more help if you were more specific and clear.
I'd be glad to offer some suggestions, but honestly, I am not sure what you are asking!

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:07 am 

mbliss wrote:
Agreed.
Marc, your recent questions are far to vague and general, you might get much more help if you were more specific and clear.
I'd be glad to offer some suggestions, but honestly, I am not sure what you are asking!

My bad, I was pretty vague. What I want to know is how to add sounds I find on the internet into Mixcraft to be used with my keyboard and used in my songs. Also, what exactly do I search for in google when I go searching for the sounds. Let's say I wanted to find some more string sounds, what exactly would I want to search for in google to find some that are compatible with Mixcraft? And what is it that makes them compatible or not compatible anyways?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:19 am 

OK for string sounds you can google "string VST" and you will get results ranging from freebies to libraries costing $1000s. Try some of the freebies (avoid torrents pls as very often their pirated stuff is corrupted) and see if they do it for you. Try the KVR audio forums for safe downloads. If Free doesn't do it for you post another thread asking for recommendations on string libraries and you will be inundated with possibilities from me and the boyz ;)

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:22 am 

Good advise. In addition, it might help to know what you are using now.

Unfortunately, most good options require a virtual instrument or sampler, and another learning curve to install and operate.

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!