It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:58 am 

For some reason I can not add any virtual instrument sounds using my mouse to the song I am working on. Whenever I try to edit a current sound or make a new one using my mouse and a virtual instrument sound, I can't for some reason. For example, I want to edit the drumbeat I am working on but whenever I try to add a note, it adds one, but in a light blue bar instead of the normal darkish blue bar color that it uses. Then the light blue bar/sound that was added doesn't play when I listen to it back. (It just goes over the bar but no sound is heard) This is really annoying as I can't work on my song because of this, and I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone else?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 am 

Midi in the piano roll? Audio clips in the track view? Instrument?
I'm still lost here Marc.

Thought. How about we stick to one thread for this general subject and try to have a discussion instead of spreading it out over multiple threads?

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 am 

marc32123 wrote:
...whenever I try to add a note, it adds one, but in a light blue bar instead of the normal darkish blue bar color that it uses. Then the light blue bar/sound that was added doesn't play when I listen to it back.

When you write notes on the piano roll, the note velocity defaults to the last note you clicked. It's likely that you are writing notes at very low velocity and so can't hear them.

Double click the bad note and change the note on velocity in the box that pops up. That should fix it. Or change the note velocity as shown below.

Attachment:
NoteVelocity.png
NoteVelocity.png [ 27 KiB | Viewed 343 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 pm 

I think I must have been the velocity. My velocity was on one. I have no idea what velocity or any of that stuff really means. I made the velocity higher though and it fixed the problem. What should velocity be set to though. And what is it set to as default or whatever?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 pm 

mbliss wrote:
Midi in the piano roll? Audio clips in the track view? Instrument?
I'm still lost here Marc.

Thought. How about we stick to one thread for this general subject and try to have a discussion instead of spreading it out over multiple threads?

I don't mean to be frustrating lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 am 

It was just a suggestion or thought on how to better help you.

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 am 

marc32123 wrote:
I think I must have been the velocity. My velocity was on one. I have no idea what velocity or any of that stuff really means. I made the velocity higher though and it fixed the problem. What should velocity be set to though. And what is it set to as default or whatever?

the velocity level depends on the velocity output of the source-like your keyboard.mine has a slide like a volume slider for overall output.
if I have to I normally force them from 75-100 in sound tab editor & go from there depending on the insturment.