Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

marc32123
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby marc32123 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:58 am

For some reason I can not add any virtual instrument sounds using my mouse to the song I am working on. Whenever I try to edit a current sound or make a new one using my mouse and a virtual instrument sound, I can't for some reason. For example, I want to edit the drumbeat I am working on but whenever I try to add a note, it adds one, but in a light blue bar instead of the normal darkish blue bar color that it uses. Then the light blue bar/sound that was added doesn't play when I listen to it back. (It just goes over the bar but no sound is heard) This is really annoying as I can't work on my song because of this, and I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone else?

User avatar
Mark Bliss
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby Mark Bliss » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 am

Midi in the piano roll? Audio clips in the track view? Instrument?
I'm still lost here Marc.

Thought. How about we stick to one thread for this general subject and try to have a discussion instead of spreading it out over multiple threads?
Stay in tune, Mark

Image

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Vibrant Audio
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby Vibrant Audio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 am

marc32123 wrote:...whenever I try to add a note, it adds one, but in a light blue bar instead of the normal darkish blue bar color that it uses. Then the light blue bar/sound that was added doesn't play when I listen to it back.

When you write notes on the piano roll, the note velocity defaults to the last note you clicked. It's likely that you are writing notes at very low velocity and so can't hear them.

Double click the bad note and change the note on velocity in the box that pops up. That should fix it. Or change the note velocity as shown below.

NoteVelocity.png
NoteVelocity.png (27 KiB) Viewed 583 times
*Vibrant Audio*

marc32123
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby marc32123 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I think I must have been the velocity. My velocity was on one. I have no idea what velocity or any of that stuff really means. I made the velocity higher though and it fixed the problem. What should velocity be set to though. And what is it set to as default or whatever?

marc32123
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby marc32123 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 pm

mbliss wrote:Midi in the piano roll? Audio clips in the track view? Instrument?
I'm still lost here Marc.

Thought. How about we stick to one thread for this general subject and try to have a discussion instead of spreading it out over multiple threads?


I don't mean to be frustrating lol.

User avatar
Mark Bliss
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby Mark Bliss » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:59 am

It was just a suggestion or thought on how to better help you.
Stay in tune, Mark

Image

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

gypsy101
Posts: 2178
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:00 pm
Location: near Music City,USA

Re: Big problem don't know how to fix.....

Postby gypsy101 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 am

marc32123 wrote:I think I must have been the velocity. My velocity was on one. I have no idea what velocity or any of that stuff really means. I made the velocity higher though and it fixed the problem. What should velocity be set to though. And what is it set to as default or whatever?


the velocity level depends on the velocity output of the source-like your keyboard.mine has a slide like a volume slider for overall output.
if I have to I normally force them from 75-100 in sound tab editor & go from there depending on the insturment.


Return to “Mixcraft”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests