It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 pm 

I have a file I'm working on (well, I was...) that now as of this afternoon, when I attempt to load it, it stops but Mixcraft doesn't crash. I can cancel the loading process and move on to another file but this one will not load.

The first time I tried it stopped at 4%, then 42% and now it's consistently stopping at 92%.

I'm going to assume that the current version of my file is corrupted.

I can load a version of the file dated before JL10 but any of the revisions after that seem lost.

Is there a file REPAIR option in Mixcraft? I have important guitar tracks in there I cannot play myself that cost me an arm (and a leg) in guitarist fees.

[edit]

I've discovered a backup folder in my Mixcraft working directory, it has what seem to be backups of the files I need. I'll test and let you know if any of them are working.

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
Windows 7 64 bits Professional
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:24 pm 

:(

Nope. The best file I found doesn't load the guitar tracks. I'll check the wave files from the working folder but that's going to be near impossible to place properly.

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:28 pm 

I have had that problem and discovered that, for me at least, I was saving the project with the Kontakt 5 UI open. As soon as I disciplined myself to close Kontakt before saving the problem disappeared. I'm using 64 bit Kontakt bridged into Mixcraft using jBridge so there are a lot of variables in play that could be causing the problem. You may have a similar problem relating some of the 3rd party stuff you are using.

You should be able to find a backup before the problem arose IF you are in the habit of saving often. Nevertheless there should also be copies of the original guitar tracks somewhere on your HD unless at some point you deleted them.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm 

chibear wrote:
I have had that problem and discovered that, for me at least, I was saving the project with the Kontakt 5 UI open. As soon as I disciplined myself to close Kontakt before saving the problem disappeared. I'm using 64 bit Kontakt bridged into Mixcraft using jBridge so there are a lot of variables in play that could be causing the problem. You may have a similar problem relating some of the 3rd party stuff you are using.

You should be able to find a backup before the problem arose IF you are in the habit of saving often. Nevertheless there should also be copies of the original guitar tracks somewhere on your HD unless at some point you deleted them.

I hadn't thought of that. I've not installed any new VSTs though and I didn't try anything new that wasn't in the previous versions. The only difference between the earlier versions and the "current" ones are the guitar tracks that were done by a professional guitarist.

The same VSTs and effects plug-ins are used in both. Actually even loading up the version that does in fact work, takes a LONG time.

I've checked the wave files but they're cryptically named, I have the bad habit of leaving the default names for audio tracks so they're just called INPUT1, INPUT2, etc...

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm 

At least you have the recorded audio files, eh?

The good news is that these wave files aren't lost. Unfortunately, it seems that the same isn't true for your progress between your last usable backup and your current file, but when that becomes the issue the best you can hope for is to remember what you had done where in the project, insert the audio files and reconstruct what you had.

What could be going on is that your computer is running out of memory, I know that every once in a while on large projects Mixcraft will warn me that "Mixcraft is using too many resources. Save and reload project" or something along those lines. However, this is just a wild guess and I don't have a definite answer right now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:01 am 

I've found that most of Mixcraft's load time is spent loading VST's and the like. I would definitely look very hard at what effects are assigned / used in each version.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 am 

every now & then mine will seem to do that but it's usually when loading an older project that's been transferred to ext. drive then back and is in a different part of the drive.what it is actually doing is refreezing tracks that were frozen from before. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 am 

Hi,

Your log file might contain a clue. Try loading the project, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 am 

Is your hard drive reaching full capacity, has it been defragged lately? Sometimes the drive has to work harder to load up files when it is nearing capacity or is badly fragged.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 am 

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Hi,

Your log file might contain a clue. Try loading the project, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

Thanks I'll check that out!

My Mixcraft drive is a 1Tb and runs okay, has no sign of failure. It's about half full (or half empty depending on how you see life...) also, I have 16Gb RAM on a 64Bit OS. I doubt I'd be running out of RAM.

Still, I checked the memory load of the Mixcraft process and it's just under 500Mb. About 1/32 full...

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:35 pm 

I've just sent the log file. I will now attempt to find the audio wav files from the working dir.

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:41 pm 

OK well that was easy, I just found the files from that day and time, drag/dropped them into the correct position on the tracks (I always leave snap to measure on) and they snapped right into place.

Thanks for all the help!

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:01 pm 

So it's fixed? What did they recommend?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:33 pm 

I just found the wave files, sorted them by date and drag/dropped them right out of Explorer into the tracks and placed them properly.

Again, thanks for all the help and here, as a reward, the actual song in question:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/blqv1n4xzaym3 ... 20Evo4.mp3

:D

256Gb ADATA SSD
1Tb Barracuda
3x Acer X223H monitors
Casio USB keyboard
Behringer B-1
Steinberger Scorpion ST
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Ibanez BX Bass