Page 1 of 1

New song.....

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:28 am
by M@rkus
Link to Soundcloud! I just learned to use the "url" button! Thank´s to Ian:)

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i-can-leave-you-too

Lets try with a new link to "Hearthis" instead...

https://hearthis.at/alex-cox-coyne/i-can-leave-you-too/

Yes, that seemed to work!

This is strange... I can´t seem to make the link to my song on Soundcloud work... The link works fine when I click on it in "preview" mode, but as soon as I click "submit" and then click on the link, it says that the song has been removed from soundcloud! The song is still published on soundcloud, but the link doesn´t seem to work from within this forum... hmmm.

But if someone wants to listen to the track, just click on the link anyway (and you will get a message that the song has been deleted...) and then clich on "Alex Cox Coyne" in the upper right hand corner and then click "tracks", and this track will show up as the first track on my Soundcloud play list... weird...

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i- ... ve-you-too

Yes, I know there´s more than a little inspiration from Thin Lizzy here, but what can I say... I only steal from the best, ha ha!

On a sidenote... I´m very happy with my guitar sound. If you listen especially to the last solo, you will hear that the sound has that chimey, hollow, nasal, bell-like tone that only a really good Les Paul can produce! I built that guitar 15 years ago, and it didn´t have that tone then, and I was rather disappointed.

Now, 15 years later, the sound has changed. I believe this has to do with the drying process of the wood. My guitar have four layers in the body of mahogany and maple, and the maple wasn´t quite as dry as it should have been when I built the guitar. I can see that, because there are cracks in the joints between the mahogany and maple parts, due to the drying process. On the upside is that the sound has definitely changed for the better :)

Best regards/
M@rkus

Re: New song.....

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 am
by jlouvar
The top link worked for me, cool song, good job. I listened on my iPhone (no headphones) and it sounds like its mono?

Re: New song.....

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am
by M@rkus
jlouvar wrote:The top link worked for me, cool song, good job. I listened on my iPhone (no headphones) and it sounds like its mono?


Thanks a lot! Mono? I listened again in my headphones and it sounds ok... Well, perhaps I didn´t pan things as much as I could have...

Best regards/
M@rkus

Re: New song.....

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:34 am
by jlouvar
I listened to it again with my little desktop monitors... Don't remix it for wider stereo... its sounds good the way it is. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing it here.

Re: New song.....

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:50 pm
by Ian Craig
I'll check it later Alex, just to say that it appears deleted here. Have you missed something ?
2019-02-18 21_49_05-Can't find a track anymore – SoundCloud Help Center.jpg
2019-02-18 21_49_05-Can't find a track anymore – SoundCloud Help Center.jpg (252.36 KiB) Viewed 594 times

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 am
by M@rkus
Ian Craig wrote:I'll check it later Alex, just to say that it appears deleted here. Have you missed something ?
2019-02-18 21_49_05-Can't find a track anymore – SoundCloud Help Center.jpg


Hi, Ian!

Thanks for your help!

Yes, there´s something wrong here, but I can´t figure it out! Even though I copy and paste the link from Soundcloud (when the song already is published there) the link doesn´t work when I paste it here!
Well, it works when I click on it in preview mode, but not after I have prassed "submit"!

I really don´t know what´s going on...

But, lets try again shall we :)

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i- ... ve-you-too

Yes, this link works in preview mode, lets now hit "submit" and see what happens...nope, doesn´t work! Does this mean that this is a Mixcraft issue?

Now that I look closer at the two different links from my first post, I can see that the link from soundcloud seems to be cut in half... if you compare the two links in my first post, the link from "Hearthis" is al shiny and blue, but the link from Soundcloud is only blue halfway... could that be the problem? But the link is blue all the way in preview mode....and works... Something in the link seems to go missing when I hit "submit"!

No, my wrong! Didn´t work in preview mode this time, and the link was only blue half way! Really, really strange...

Best regards/
M@rkus

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 am
by Ian Craig
Hi Alex, you need to press the URL button when copying and pasting a link in the forum here or else the link will not work when you edit the post (note how the name is incomplete and has ... in the middle of it). Try it :)

M@rkus wrote:https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i- ... ve-you-too

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 am
by M@rkus
Link to soundcloud! Now working! I learned to use the "url" button! Thanks Ian!

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i-can-leave-you-too

M@rkus wrote:Lest try with a new link to "Hearthis" instead...

https://hearthis.at/alex-cox-coyne/i-can-leave-you-too/

Yes, that seemed to work!

This is strange... I can´t seem to make the link to my song on Soundcloud work... The link works fine when I click on it in "preview" mode, but as soon as I click "submit" and then click on the link, it says that the song has been removed from soundcloud! The song is still published on soundcloud, but the link doesn´t seem to work from within this forum... hmmm.

But if someone wants to listen to the track, just click on the link anyway (and you will get a message that the song has been deleted...) and then clich on "Alex Cox Coyne" in the upper right hand corner and then click "tracks", and this track will show up as the first track on my Soundcloud play list... weird...

Yes, I know there´s more than a little inspiration from Thin Lizzy here, but what can I say... I only steal from the best, ha ha!

On a sidenote... I´m very happy with my guitar sound. If you listen especially to the last solo, you will hear that the sound has that chimey, hollow, nasal, bell-like tone that only a really good Les Paul can produce! I built that guitar 15 years ago, and it didn´t have that tone then, and I was rather disappointed.

Now, 15 years later, the sound has changed. I believe this has to do with the drying process of the wood. My guitar have four layers in the body of mahogany and maple, and the maple wasn´t quite as dry as it should have been when I built the guitar. I can see that, because there are cracks in the joints between the mahogany and maple parts, due to the drying process. On the upside is that the sound has definitely changed for the better :)

Best regards/
M@rkus

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:36 am
by M@rkus
Ian Craig wrote:Hi Alex, you need to press the URL button when copying and pasting a link in the forum here or else the link will not work when you edit the post (note how the name is incomplete and has ... in the middle of it). Try it :)

M@rkus wrote:https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i- ... ve-you-too


Ah! Thank you! I always forget this...

https://soundcloud.com/lex-cox-coyne/i-can-leave-you-too

Best regards/
M@rkus

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 am
by Ian Craig
Great track as always Alex. I've been soloing over the top of it. Fun :D

Re: New song.....

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 am
by M@rkus
Ian Craig wrote:Great track as always Alex. I've been soloing over the top of it. Fun :D


Thanks a lot! :)

Best regards/
M@rkus