Page 1 of 1

Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:21 pm
by bigaquarium
Evening!

If you have Mixcraft 8 ProStudio and have never played with the Applied Acoustics Journeys/Entangled species plugins that came with MC, this video is for you! On it I demonstrate their free "Swatches" compilation.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i2X6-D ... e=youtu.be

- N

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm
by Ian Craig
Well put together video. Do we get a copy of the .mx8 file to look at ? :D

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:09 am
by Mark Bliss
Nice!
I also like the AAS product line. Good sounds, but equally important to me- generally nice clean and intuitive GUI's without a great deal of clutter and complexity.
I picked up the free Swatches add-on on some time ago but am guilty of not taking the time to explore it much. So thanks for the motivation on that..... 8)

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 am
by bigaquarium
Ian Craig wrote:Well put together video. Do we get a copy of the .mx8 file to look at ? :D


Hi,

Sure, if you want. What do I do, just attach it to a post?

-N

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:36 am
by bigaquarium
Mark Bliss wrote:Nice!
I also like the AAS product line. Good sounds, but equally important to me- generally nice clean and intuitive GUI's without a great deal of clutter and complexity.
I picked up the free Swatches add-on on some time ago but am guilty of not taking the time to explore it much. So thanks for the motivation on that..... 8)


Welcome! AAS’s way of doing things just hits all the right buttons for me as you can tell. I do a lot of writing by ear so having instruments that sound good before mixing and mastering really jump starts and expedites the creative process because you can sort of hear the final product as you go. Plus the lack of headaches with keeping things up to date and not getting soaked for buying in piecemeal makes the business side of things attractive for an old blue collar guy like me.

-N

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:49 pm
by Ian Craig
bigaquarium wrote:What do I do, just attach it to a post?


Yes, I think it should attach easily as it will be ,mx8 with no audio files. If not you could just 'wetransfer.com' it :)

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm
by bigaquarium
Ian Craig wrote:Yes, I think it should attach easily as it will be ,mx8 with no audio files. If not you could just 'wetransfer.com' it :)



Evening,

Okay, here you go! Not much to it, just kinda slapped it together for a demo.

- N

AAS Demo.mx8
(194 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 pm
by Ian Craig
Morning. Thanks. I'll look at it later. I'm wrecked

Re: Applied Acoustics Swatches (Free)

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 pm
by Ian Craig
bigaquarium wrote:Okay, here you go! Not much to it, just kinda slapped it together for a demo.


Okay Nathan,

I've looked at it. Thanks, I've enjoyed that, thanks for letting me into it. :D
Anyway, I did this with it. After adding some track specific EQ to cut a few Screech frequencies, I added a few notes, duplicated and altered a couple of bits by removing the loops in places and drag/dropping instead so I could make the lines more progressive (phrase-wise). I also added a send track with reverb on it and applied it to a few things. Anyway, tell me what you think :)
Nathan - Swatches v2a IC.mx8
(259.7 KiB) Downloaded 13 times