Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Reversible Thresholds in Dynamic Processors

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Ian Craig

Reversible Thresholds in Dynamic Processors

Postby Ian Craig » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Gain rider plugins like (WAProduction's) Outlaw or (HoRNet's) 'Autogain Pro' (often better than compressors) are equalising the volume levels across files, but dynamic EQs like (McDSP's) AE600 or (MeldaProduction's) MAutoDynamicEq are effectively riding the volume levels of specific frequencies enabling the most precision based approach in controlling what you want to control in the volume levels of a sound across a track.
The question is - why aren't the thresholds reversible ? i.e. why can't the effect be applied only to an input level below a threshold instead of only above it ?
So therefore, in order to answer this question I have to eliminate the possibility that it is already possible but I just can't see it yet, so I have to answer the following question -
What is the difference between the upward dynamics on a negative static gain level, or the downward dynamics on a positive static gain setting in Dynamic EQs and the reversible parameters in the filters in PSP StompDelay or PSP StompFilter.

It's too complicated to remember what I'm trying to do when trying to take it in (have I grasped it yet ?, or not). Pain in the arse.
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

Return to “General Music Topics”