I wanted to work with Moby's song Porcelain in Mixcraft.
So I found the file "Porcelain.mp3" in Windows Explorer, copied it to my workspace directory, renamed it to "moby-porcelain.mp3", then drag & dropped the file to the Mixcraft.
Only to find out it's not Moby's Porcelain. It was Red Hot Chili Pepper's song Porcelain from the album Californication.
So I deleted the file, found the correct Porcelain, renamed it to moby-porcelain.mp3 in the folder, then drag & dropped it to the Mixcraft.
But there is something wrong with the audio editor.
The waveform I'm seeing belongs to Red Hot Chili Pepper's Porcelain, and not Moby's Porcelain.
To reproduce the bug, I restarted Mixcraft, pulled Motorhead's Ace of Spades, renamed it to moby-porcelain.mp3 and threw it at Mixcraft.
It's still showing me the Red Hot Chilli Pepper's Porcelain while you could hear Lemmy's tender yet passionate voice.
Solution: I've just noticed that"Delete Temporary Files" button in the Preferences window seems to solve the issue.
I would like to quote programmer Phil Karlton at this point:
“There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things”
By the way, a real bug tracking system that we could access would be great.