Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

guitar sound for Micraft 7

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

vicarito

guitar sound for Micraft 7

Postby vicarito » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:32 am

I would really appreciate suggestions on the following: I am trying to find a nice guitar sound. Specially when you play chords. I have a line 6 pod and a scarlet 2I4. I have 2 (cheap) guitars (One Gibson Les Paul 180 and a Bradley (Veneman Music own brand) ) The Bradley sounds a little bit better but far from something that you could really use to do a decent recording. I have tried all the options in the Line 6 Pod but when you record it comes out kind of flimsy and muddy, even using different EQs it does not improve much. I live in an apartment so using an external amplifier/mic is out of the question. I really would like to know if a better guitar with better pickups and therefore better sound will do the trick or if instead getting something like amplitube would be a better option. Unfortunately the amp simulators in mixcraft are more into the distortion and overdrive type of sound. I really would like to get a more clean and crispier sound,(I guess 60's sound, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.), and from there add different effects if I want to do something more modern. Any ideas or suggestions on this subject will be greatly appreciated.
Than you very much
vicarito

outteh

Re: guitar sound for Micraft 7

Postby outteh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:37 am

Try some of the presets in the effects chains in Mixcraft. There are presets for electric and acoustic guitars, I use them regularly. Better pickups would help a little but not necessarily. Try adjusting your pickup height to your strings. Lot's of articles about pickup height adjustment on the web. :D

vicarito

Postby vicarito » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 am

thank you for your reply
vicarito

CRAZY6STRINGS

Postby CRAZY6STRINGS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:13 am

I would have imagined, even without a professional level guitar, with the Pod Line6 you could dial in a decent tone.

I would ask of you, would you say you are quite adept to using the Pod? If not, try working with it more. I agree with the previous post, about checking your pickup height. Also, string guage, or string AGE has a HUGE factor in tone quality.

my two centavos

trevlyns

Postby trevlyns » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:29 am

I'd recheck the EQ - try scooping out the lower end which could be clashing with the bass and kick. Muddiness is usually most prevalent in the 250 - 800 Hz range so pay attention there scooping out a little of the offending frequencies. Then maybe boost a little in the 6 - 8 K range for clarity.

As I'm in the UK, my 2 pennies worth :wink:
Keep on trackin'

Trevor

Website
Soundcloud
FaceBook

Official OFC™ Founding Member

Win 10 64 bit; MX8 Pro; Intel quad core i-5; 3.0 GHz; 16 GB RAM
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

Pete Stobbs

Postby Pete Stobbs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:47 am

I use to use a UX2. Just replaced it with a Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 5 head, Focusrite solo and EZmix2. Get some great sounds.
Win 8.1
8 gig ram
AMD A4 6210 1.8 GHz
Focusrite solo.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 5 head.
Blackstar ID30 TVP

https://soundcloud.com/pete-stobbs
https://soundcloud.com/toltec-jive

vicarito

Postby vicarito » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 am

I really appreciate all your replies and suggestions. Lots of things to try and new things to learn.
thank you again
vicarito

Return to “Mixcraft”