Was on the verge of giving up on MX8. I have been struggling with using GTR 5 and the frustration level was pushing me back to MX7.
• Initially after installing 8 when GTR 5 was added to to a track, the behavior was dramatically different.
• When choosing a preset (which can take up to a full minute or more) MX freezes, unfreezes, there are a
series of annoying tones, buzzes, spinning circles and finally GTR is ready for use. changing preset at this
point still has the same behavior, but less time in the process.
• I had recently added a ton of presets and figured this was the cause.
• I reinstalled GTR 5 and kept presets to a minimum.
• Some improvement, but still a huge drain on time and inspiration. Literally it would take me 30 minutes to
just settle on a preset, or give up.
Last night on a whim I tried the following:
Created a template with 3 tracks already setup and loaded with GTR 5.
Template opens as normal and GTR 5 works flawlessly in each track already loaded.
Anyone know why the behavior is so DRAMATICLY different?
It's all in your mind