Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Frustrating still picture issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

johnw

Frustrating still picture issue

Postby johnw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Hey,
I have a piece with a video track of still pics, a slideshow if you will. Somehow Mixcraft uses a background from a former version of the piece which showed a blank pink background on the screen, between the still pics. I have removed all original pics, which are associated with Irfanview, but MC displays the blank pink background between the stills.

I think the pink background is coming from Irfanview, even tho I have removed it from there--it tends to leave your last work as it was when you close it. I changed the background color to black. But why does MC insist on displaying this pink background, even tho I replaced the picture with the pink backgound with a standard black background.

Hope this doesn't bog you down! Any help appreciated, thanks much.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Frustrating still picture issue

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi,

If you load it into a new, empty project, does the same thing happen?

Are you loading a video into Mixcraft or still images? If you're loading a video into Mixcraft, Mixcraft will just display whatever is in the video. Maybe you're loading an old file?

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

johnw

Postby johnw » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:36 pm

As always, thanks for your reply Greg. I started a fresh project, with a fresh still picture--no video, just stills. The pink background stays, so I believe MC is "holding" info. somewhere, such as the composition itself. The workaround is to create a black ground and fill all spaces between the stills. I changes the graphics programs the stills are associated with, but that didn't make a difference. If this is a stumper no problem! Worst outcome is to just allow the pink.

Thanks again!

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft v8.1 build 418?

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us an image that displays a pink background for you.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

johnw

Postby johnw » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 am

Yes Greg, the latest MC 8 and build. I "solved" the issue with a "work-around", replacing all spaces between still pics with an image of a black screen, default view in Irfanview. These spaces between pics used to be black in MC, but after putting in a pink background in one photo using Irfanview MC kept it that way, even after I changed the pics to have a black background, and changed the graphic program they are associated with (FYI)

Thanks!

Return to “Mixcraft”