Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Midi Drum Problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Mist001

Midi Drum Problem

Postby Mist001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:12 am

I create a new virtual instrument track and choose studio drums as my instrument. Using the kick drum, if I create a very short beat, say 1, 2, 3, 4, then the very first beat is muffled, sounding like a sort of 'Fwump'. All the following beats/notes sound fine and this happens regardless of whether it's studio drums, heavy metal drums, whatever.

I've looked at everything I can think of which may cause this to happen but to no avail and as I say, it's only the very first beat/note and it's only on drums. I've done a factory reset using the Mixcraft shortcut, my Audigy RX/5 soundcard plays fine and I'm out of ideas.

Any solutions, anyone?

Thanks.

GovernmentMule

Re: Midi Drum Problem

Postby GovernmentMule » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Is this drum track at the beginning of the timeline (project)? Have you tried to insert a one or two bars of silence into the timeline at the beginning to see what happens? If not try that to see what happens. Page 55 of the manual.

Hector

Postby Hector » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Mist001 wrote:I create a new virtual instrument track and choose studio drums as my instrument. Using the kick drum, if I create a very short beat, say 1, 2, 3, 4, then the very first beat is muffled, sounding like a sort of 'Fwump'. All the following beats/notes sound fine and this happens regardless of whether it's studio drums, heavy metal drums, whatever.

I've looked at everything I can think of which may cause this to happen but to no avail and as I say, it's only the very first beat/note and it's only on drums. I've done a factory reset using the Mixcraft shortcut, my Audigy RX/5 soundcard plays fine and I'm out of ideas.

Any solutions, anyone?

Thanks.

I do no t know if i understand well (i don´t know what "Fwump" means), but if you feel that a section is sounding louder or distorted compared with the rest of them, maybe you accidentally duplicate the track (or part of it) in that section and is overlapped. Try to drag the section and see if there´s another one on the bottom.

Regards.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:10 am

Hi,

Open up a new, empty project and see if you still have the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

mick

Postby mick » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:43 am

Use GovernmentMule suggestion and introduce a 1 or 2 measure count in the way singers do when they need to pick up the tempo and beat from the band .... 1,2,3,4 then begin, in other words start on measure 2 or 3.

Mist001

Postby Mist001 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Here's a thing though. Using for instance, just the standard room kit and I do a series of only kick drums, like 1, 2, 3 4, and play, then the very first one makes the 'Fwump' sound that I tried to describe and the rest sound as they should, ie like a kick drum.

However, if I take my mouse cursor and click on each kick individually, then each one makes the muffled 'fwump' sound.

I can do the 1, 2,3,4 count as mentioned above to get around it, but I'd rather find out the reason why it's doing this. Does this happen with anyone else?

TIA.

GovernmentMule

Postby GovernmentMule » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:04 pm

It's never happened to me but I have read on this or some other forums about this problem before and the workaround was starting later in the timeline (bars 2,3,4 etc.). Never heard of the 'Fwump' sound though. I think it usually a stutter of the first note.

I usually start a project on bar 4 or 8 anyway, I always end up adding things like a different intro later on anyway.

Mist001

Postby Mist001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 am

SOLVED!!!

There's usually a lot of activity, TV, noise and so on going on when I'm using Mixcraft, so I tend to use headphones, specifically Bluetooth headphones so I got a chance this morning to check my hardware and it turns out that the 'Fwump' only happens with the Bluetooth phones. Wired phones and speakers are perfect!

So there you are, there's a handy little tip if anyone experiences a similar problem!

Thanks for all your help!

Return to “Mixcraft”