Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

jossomjod

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Postby jossomjod » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:34 am

Acoustica Greg wrote:You should check out Mixcraft 8's Audio Control feature. You can use audio from any track to control any plugin parameter. It's a powerful feature that most people aren't paying attention to.

I know about Audio Control (I have watched most of the video tutorials). You can do the same things with Audio Control and Automation. The difference is that some things require less work to do with Audio Control than with Automation, and vice versa. What I'm talking about would make it a lot easier to do certain things which require lots of work to do otherwise.

Say, for instance, that you have a punchy bass, but you want to make it sound more interesting by quickly reducing, then increasing the pitch at the beginning of every note. Let's say the synth you want to use is incapable of doing this. With Automation you would have to automate the pitch change and copy/paste it to every single note. With Audio Control you could (to more accurately model an actual envelope) use the volume envelope of another synth to control the pitch, but you would have to make sure there always are notes in the controlling track in the same places as the notes in the bass track.

With the matrix idea you could simply add a new envelope, assign it to controlling the pitch of the bass, and adjust the ADSR as needed. Done. You now have a cooler sounding bass than that synth ever could have made on its own.

Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I would love to see this feature in Mixcraft 9.
I hope you'll consider it. Thanks.

jlouvar

Postby jlouvar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm

The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

mick

Postby mick » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 am

jLouvar wrote: The ability to quickly save, recall and store several different mixes of a recording project BEFORE committing to mixing down to MP3, Wave, etc files

I put in a suggestion years ago for "mixer snapshots" sounds like you are requesting the same. Good luck with that one! 8)

mixer.PNG
mixer.PNG (68.36 KiB) Viewed 139 times

jlouvar

Postby jlouvar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:50 am

Way cool... I'm not sure snapshot is the same or not (hopefully it is), but the more request the better the chance of it being added to MX9. 8)
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

mick

Postby mick » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am

A snapshot in this case lets you try different mixes, fx, eq settings and all sorts of wonderful things etc before you decide which one to mixdown, 4 band eq gives frequency and db, in fact any mixer setting or track parameters. You can click on any of 8 snapshots for instant A-B comparison or in this case A - H. Its an amazing feature. You can save the raw project before mixdown and come back and start again should you have second thoughts. Would put Mixcraft on another level from the antique Fisher Price mixer . :D

jlouvar

Postby jlouvar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 am

Oh okay... Yeah snapshot is the same thing I'm requesting. 8) Thank you.
- Joe -

Return to “Mixcraft”