Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Help with audio effect and digital signal processing

Use this topic to discuss VST and DirectX plugins for Mixcraft, Spin It Again or Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

JNS WRNHD

Help with audio effect and digital signal processing

Postby JNS WRNHD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:15 am

Hi, fellow Mixcrafters. I´m looking for a guide or manual on how different signal processing tools and effects is manouvered, for example how release or attack or ratio or hard/soft knee correlates. Today i exclusivly use presets and they are not always satisfactory. I have just never gotten deep into limiters, compressors, gates, etc, and the way they work, but now i would like to. Please point me in a good usefull direction (my native language is swedish, so swedish and/or english is preffered). Thx / Jonas

Rolling Estonian

Re: Help with audio effect and digital signal processing

Postby Rolling Estonian » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Oh man, a ton out there in almost any media platform you like. You could disappear into YouTube for days at a time!

I'm just a hobbyist so learning the nuts and bolts isn't as important as getting a 'good enough for me' mixes. Having said that, learning about compression is huge and a must. I really found this book to be excellent, most would agree.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/mi ... all-studio

Like I said, there's TONS out there, just thought I'd start at the ground floor and share what helped me the most.

M

Return to “Plugins, Plugins, Plugins!”