Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Boot Camp and Mac Your Thoughts

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

TheHound

Boot Camp and Mac Your Thoughts

Postby TheHound » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm having to serious issues with sound. Mixcraft is behaving badly but I don't know if it's Mixcraft, hardware, Windows or driver.

It gets stranger and stranger.

1. Mixcraft is play sounds back through my computer speakers now but not my headphones but all other apps are now playing through my headphones and when I unplug my headphones the other apps including sound cloud and windows media play play through the computer speakers.

2. Mixcraft never before said, "Mixcraft has detected a change in the number of in the number of audio devices" when I plugged in or unplugged my headphones from the headphone jack. This started a few days ago.

3. Now MC is playing back without the sound cutting out.... so far. That may change for no reason.

Question: Does Mixcraft do that on your computer when you plug in or unplug from the headphone jack?

Given all the crazy stuff Mixcraft is doing I am left thinking that it is either a Windows problem, a Mixcraft problem or a hardware problem. What else could it be? What's in your opinion is the most likely culprit?

Acoustica Greg

Re: Boot Camp and Mac Your Thoughts

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi,

Your log file would shed some light on this issue. Please refer to the other topic you created.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Boot Camp and Mac Your Thoughts

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 am

Hi,

TheHound wrote:1. Mixcraft is play sounds back through my computer speakers now but not my headphones but all other apps are now playing through my headphones and when I unplug my headphones the other apps including sound cloud and windows media play play through the computer speakers.

Where the sound comes out is determined by the Playback Device setting in Sound Device preferences.

2. Mixcraft never before said, "Mixcraft has detected a change in the number of in the number of audio devices" when I plugged in or unplugged my headphones from the headphone jack. This started a few days ago.

When you see this message, there's a little check box that you can un-check if you don't want to see it again.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Return to “Mixcraft”