Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Why Do You Make Music?

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

TheHound

Why Do You Make Music?

Postby TheHound » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 pm

:?:

chibear

Re: Why Do You Make Music?

Postby chibear » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 pm

There is no "Why". It is what I do and have done for the last 59 years in one way or another. When I don't do it I become frustrated and grumpier than usual. So people around me are happier when I do it :wink:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube

GovernmentMule

Postby GovernmentMule » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 am

When I was 15 I wanted to join a band to get women! I could not sing so I started playing guitar because they seemed to do better then drummers and bass players. 40 years later I'm still looking! :lol:

I wonder if it is me or my guitar playing?

Simple, I love the guitar. It's just a hobby that I wish I would of taken a lot more serious when I was younger.

starise

Postby starise » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

Like anything artistic I think I get some kind of satisfaction from it. An inner feeling that I've done something I like to do. I might go so far as to say I get a kind of dopamine rush.The art doesn't need to be top notch from an outside perspective though I try to make it the best I can.
In short, I think I'm hard wired to do it. If I don't do it something seems off.
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD,Win 10 64bit, Presonus Firetube Studio
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
CbB, Studio One, Mixcraft 8 Pro, Ableton Live 10
https://soundcloud.com/starise

mixyguy2

Postby mixyguy2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:06 pm

If you have to ask........

(PS I notice the OP didn't answer the question :wink: )

fordj4116@gmail.com

Postby fordj4116@gmail.com » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:23 pm

I enjoy it.
When I've had a long day at work I can just go home and put my headphones on and get lost in a beat

fc_ronaldo

Postby fc_ronaldo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Because I hate metronome. I was always late on my instrument. I gave up being an instrumentalist and started composing. I like writing lyrics more.

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm

GovernmentMule wrote:When I was 15 I wanted to join a band to get women! I could not sing so I started playing guitar because they seemed to do better then drummers and bass players. 40 years later I'm still looking! :lol:

I wonder if it is me or my guitar playing?

Simple, I love the guitar. It's just a hobby that I wish I would of taken a lot more serious when I was younger.

No, it's the same for me (also what ChiBear was saying).
If I don't do it I lose purpose and perspective on life very quickly, then it's Robin Williams time, which is not healthy.
I have done the same thing since 1981 writing stuff first with guitar, then vocals a bit, then Synthesizers, then effects pedals, then computers creating my own Creative AWE32 soundfonts, then direct to disc recording. Then I gave up for years and became allergic to music in general for several years, then I discovered virtual instruments in a serious way during the last 3 years. Next stop, I become a God towering across the universe with my gigantic sounds whilst other people are listening to bands. If I choose to listen to other people's stuff these days it's because they ask me to, or else, I'll just get on with my own thing. Otherwise I'd choose to listen to something like a thing ChiBear had on SoundCloud (about 30 minutes long), that was class. Either that or avante garde sound stuff , old film and TV music from the 60s or 70s, or my Facebook friend Pascal Vaucel, who is a brilliant Jazz guitarist (not a famous one). But he is a rare thing, a guitarist whose playing I respect more than my own. (That's about it really - write it down and stick it all on my tombstone, which I probably won't have 'cause I'll probably get cremated, though obviously I won't know 'cause I'll be dead). :lol:
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 415 (64bit)
Intel Xeon Six Core 2.67 GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2)
(I'm 52) :shock:
https://iancraig1.bandcamp.com/

Return to “General Music Topics”