Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Scale Plugins?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Thomas

Scale Plugins?

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 am

I've read plugins are not scale-able. Is this still true? I have a larger synth on a 1920x1080 screen that has quite a bit cut off at the bottom. Maybe a good idea would be to allow you to move the window from any point, not just the top border. Is there any way to move or scale so as to see the whole window? How about third party apps for the purpose?
Tom
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram 7200RPM HDD
Mackie ProFx8 v.1 interface ASIO4ALL v2.14
Audio Technica Condenser and Dynamic Mics
Fender Squier VM70s Jazz Bass Active Pre-amp.

Mark Bliss

Re: Scale Plugins?

Postby Mark Bliss » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 am

Some are. but it seems to be more the exception than the rule. It relies on the plug in developer and I read somewhere why its not more common and it made sense, but that reason eludes me right now.

It would sure be nice for these old eyes. Some of these small objects, controls and labels are very difficult to manage. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Thomas

Re: Scale Plugins?

Postby Thomas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:35 am

Mark Bliss wrote:It would sure be nice for these old eyes. Some of these small objects, controls and labels are very difficult to manage.

I hear ya... even if I can't see ya so clearly :P Unfortunately, I've been in this state for the last 13 years and require reading glasses. In case anyone doesn't know or hasn't kept up, Microsoft's magnifier feature does work and has gotten better with a recent update. I use a 46" monitor about 10-12 feet away and use the magnifier often.

As far as the plugins go, I wish there were more functionality. It would be nice to minimize to the task bar. I would also like to be able to grab a plugin anywhere and drag it around so as to be able to access the whole window for those plugins that exceed the size of my screen. For plugins that are too small the magnifier function works well. I keep it pinned to my task bar and now it usually starts up when windows starts. There's the occasional hiccup depending on what apps are on screen, but 99% of the time it's working perfectly. My method is to hold control and alt while zooming in and out with the mouse wheel. For me it works amazingly well and I can't live without it now. So give it a try.
Tom
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram 7200RPM HDD
Mackie ProFx8 v.1 interface ASIO4ALL v2.14
Audio Technica Condenser and Dynamic Mics
Fender Squier VM70s Jazz Bass Active Pre-amp.

Return to “Mixcraft”