Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

My Confession

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

starise

My Confession

Postby starise » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:25 am

I am a long time user of another daw that was at one time possibly going to go out of business. During that time
several daw companies frequented that daw website to offer their software as an alternative. MIxcraft was one of the offerings made.

I must confess I was tough in my critique of Mixcraft Pro 8 when comparing to my main daw. As it happened, a person who I respect on that board liked what Mixcraft had to offer. His interest caused me to take a second look at Mixcraft. In the end I ended up buying it.

I must confess that this daw is much deeper than I had originally thought it was and I wanted to publicly apologize for my negative comments toward the program. I have found in a short time that it is really easy to get ideas into Mixcraft fast. The extra loop content and plugins added are a real value. I like the user friendly way the GUI works. In short, I can't say enough good things about it. Every time I use it I find a feature I didn't know existed. As a past owner of Acid Pro 7 I can see that some of the ideas from those who left Sonic Foundry and went to Mixcraft have carried over in a good way. So much so that I hesitate to upgrade to Acid Pro 8.

I own and use the following programs- Ableton Live 10, Studio One Professional 3.5, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Mixcraft Pro 8.

I can now honestly say that my experiences using Mixcraft have pleasurably exceeded a few of the more well known programs on that list.

So Acoustica, I'm sorry I didn't give the program more of a chance before I commented on it. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD,Win 10 64bit, Presonus Firetube Studio
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
CbB, Studio One, Mixcraft 8 Pro, Ableton Live 10
https://soundcloud.com/starise

dpaterson

Re: My Confession

Postby dpaterson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:35 pm

from those who left Sonic Foundry and went to Mixcraft

You're kidding right???

More info.???

I started using Vegas Video, Sound Forge, Acid, and the rest back then in the Sonic Foundry Days. Then during the Sony years. And now MAGIX (well: now only Vegas Pro and Sound Forge Pro). Never ever had an issue with Sonic Foundry or Sony but this MAGIX crowd (best I don't get started and off topic!!!)??? But I can tell you this: if this little factoid is true then it explains a LOT. I used to tell people back then that Vegas Video (and the rest) was the most polished and beautiful software around not to mention being the most user friendly and easiest software around to use i.e. for the most part all was "perfect"!!!

Anyways. You're speaking to the converted here that's for sure (with Mixcraft).

(If this little factoid is inaccurate then I'll delete the above of course).

Regards,

Dale.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:38 pm

starise wrote:I am a long time user of another daw that was at one time possibly going to go out of business. During that time
several daw companies frequented that daw website to offer their software as an alternative. MIxcraft was one of the offerings made.

I must confess I was tough in my critique of Mixcraft Pro 8 when comparing to my main daw. As it happened, a person who I respect on that board liked what Mixcraft had to offer. His interest caused me to take a second look at Mixcraft. In the end I ended up buying it.

I must confess that this daw is much deeper than I had originally thought it was and I wanted to publicly apologize for my negative comments toward the program. I have found in a short time that it is really easy to get ideas into Mixcraft fast. The extra loop content and plugins added are a real value. I like the user friendly way the GUI works. In short, I can't say enough good things about it. Every time I use it I find a feature I didn't know existed. As a past owner of Acid Pro 7 I can see that some of the ideas from those who left Sonic Foundry and went to Mixcraft have carried over in a good way. So much so that I hesitate to upgrade to Acid Pro 8.

I own and use the following programs- Ableton Live 10, Studio One Professional 3.5, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Mixcraft Pro 8.

I can now honestly say that my experiences using Mixcraft have pleasurably exceeded a few of the more well known programs on that list.

So Acoustica, I'm sorry I didn't give the program more of a chance before I commented on it. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for the shout out! :) I passed your message along to the entire Mixcraft team.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

starise

Postby starise » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks Greg!

Thanks for getting the word out. I am very happy with Mixcraft!

@patterson- I don't know the specifics of the transition from Sonic Foundry to Mixcraft or who the persons were that moved. I have heard this for years though.
Last edited by starise on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,

starise

Postby starise » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks Greg!

Thanks for getting the word out. I am very happy with Mixcraft!

@patterson- I don't know the specifics of the transition from Sonic Foundry to Mixcraft or who the persons were that moved. I have heard this for years though.
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:18 am

Dan used to work for Sonic Foundry before he came to Acoustica.
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

starise

Postby starise » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks Greg.

Dan is the man!!
Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz,

DavidMcKnight

Postby DavidMcKnight » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:10 pm

My first post to the board will be to second the quality and feel of Mixcraft and to note I'm also (was) a Vegas user, evangelist really, from versions 5 - 13. We no longer do video work and I have been wanting to build up a home studio for some time. Knowing a SF lead is on board - it was mentioned in Tape Op - was a welcome find.

Return to “Mixcraft”