Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Future of the daw

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Drdish007

Re: Future of the daw

Postby Drdish007 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi,
I saw the daw become the new version of multitrack recording, replacing tape. As computers got more powerful track counts got bigger. Plugins brought down cost processors, so people could do more. Same with virtual instruments.
Audio interfaces improved, now with better mic preamp and with a variety of input options.
For people who want to record live instruments and vocals the tools are here, without the need to go to a large recording studio. For musicians who want to compose and create there is more freedom. No booking studio time, if you have your own home studio.
I feel if the daw becomes easier to use and has useful features it will be around for a long time.
Not every musician will want to learn how to use a daw, but they will go to musicians who like doing the tech stuff to record. That is one way we can make some money with our skills.
I like how easy it is now to record our ideas. Now musicians don't have to be in the same town, state/province or country to record with other musicians, and get professional resalts. As long as there are creative people, the daw will be around for a long time.

- Myran
Waiting for MCIX!!!
Mixcraft8RS(418)64Bit, Win. 10 64Bit, Intel i5 @ 3.20GHz, ssd 250GB(os), 1TB hhd(library audio), 1TB hhd (recorded audio), Nvidia GeForce1050i video, 16GB RAM, Focusrite 18I20 2nd gen usb, Motu 5 channel midi interface.

bigaquarium

Re: Future of the daw

Postby bigaquarium » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:36 am

Morning!

Hopefully they will figure out these automated mastering algorithms they are working on and can incorporate them into the DAWs. I can't master to save my life, and will probably never have the time to learn it either.

That said, I hate loud commercial music anyway so it's all good with my quiet little tracks. :)

- N

Return to “General Music Topics”