Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

I need help with my new Launchpad... Please.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

graywoulf

I need help with my new Launchpad... Please.

Postby graywoulf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Greetings,

I just bought a used Launchpad and I have searched for answers to some specific questions I have and have not had any luck so here I am, hoping that someone will throw this old dog a bone. And please bear with me if I am not being too clear as this is all new to me but I do learn easily and quickly.

I have watched the Mixcraft tutorials which only has one on using the Launchpad but I want to do more than what was taught there. I have figured out how to drag and drop loops and samples to the built in performance feature and I also have figured out how to use the MIDI learn so I have that down so far.

What I cannot figure out is when I trigger a particular single loop like a synth bass line within a set and it is playing is how to stop that particular single loop with the same pad instead of having to click the stop button or press the space bar on my PC keyboard which stops everything.

My next question is about when I set up a few percussion pads like a kick and two toms and a cymbal and I have those set for a single trigger, why can't I play any of those four simultaneously?

I know I am going to have other questions but if anyone can direct me to a site or a YouTube video that will help me as well I would greatly appreciate it. And thanks in advance for any help given on these issues.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: I need help with my new Launchpad... Please.

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

For the first issue, right click the sample and set it to toggle from the performance control menu.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am

If you place the kick, toms and cymbal in the same set, triggering the set will play them all at once.

graywoulf

Postby graywoulf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Eric and thank you for pointing out the toggle setting. I had not found or seen that yet. I will try it out here in a bit for sure. Yeah, I had figured out the set properties for covering multiple sounds but it boggles my mind to think that if I wanted 64 different sounds for example ( and I know that is unreal) I would need to set up 64 different sets as you have pointed out. But is there not a way to control each sound in each set seperately? So if I have lets say, two sets, each with five different sound sources albeit each one being a loop, then even though I have ten Launchpad buttons lit (one for each sound loop), I can only play each set separately at a time? Would the toggle setting not give me control over each sound loop one at a time or in whatever combination I choose? I am a little confused, can you tell? :?

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm not really the performance panel type of guy, I only use it for testing.
I assume there's a way to do what you want, you'll just have to look around.
Hint: Right click everything, there are probably functions you didn't know about.

graywoulf

Postby graywoulf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi again Eric and thanks again for your help. The "Toggle" setting worked for a lot of my needs just perfect.

But unfortunately there is no right click function in Mixcraft 7 Pro that I could find. But I had downloaded the manual which pretty much covers every function so that is a big help. I do wish that there was a way that the mouse pointer would trigger a pop up information bubble when I hover over a particular function though. That would be most helpful for a beginner like me. I do wish that I could find a more in depth video tutorial on using the Launchpad with Mixcraft 7. The one in the Mixcraft University series is a good one for getting started with the basic functions but even that video leaves out how to set up some of the features shown during the demonstration.

I cannot figure out how to trigger multiple loops that are in the same horizontal row though. It is either one or the other. I have watched several YouTube videos where a performer is using a Launchpad with both loops and one shot triggers and they are able to play any combination either vertically or horizontally. I hope that is not a feature that is only available in Ableton Live software.

Please, if you can, tell me where I can get more information on using the Launchpad with Mixcraft since as you indicated, that your knowledge of the Performance Panel is limited. I hope I can find out what I need to know to get the most out of all of this.

Thanks again for your help.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Postby Acoustica Eric » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:21 am

No right click function? You can right mouse click just about anything in Mixcraft and get a menu.

Mark Bliss

Postby Mark Bliss » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 am

Wish I could be more help, but it looks like you have gotten about as far as I did...… :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

graywoulf

Postby graywoulf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

HI Mark,

Yeah it looks like I am on my own for the rest of this journey. It appears that the Launchpad was intended to be used with Ableton for the most part. But, I have made some progress in using it thanks to Eric pointing out the toggle setting and I guess that the rest of it is just going to require a lot of experimenting. Or, maybe I just switch over to using Ableton instead of Mixcraft. Not my first choice of DAW but I have used it a little in the past and I am a little bit familiar with it. I don't see that there is any way to assign pad colors for specific loops or sounds which I think is a big plus in the use of the Launchpad. Too bad that Mixcraft did not see the potential in the Launchpad as Ableton did. YouTube has not been any help for tutorials either. So, it is what it is. I wish that I could figure out how to get the right click function as Eric pointed out going though. I even checked the preferences section to see if it had an off/on toggle for it and there is none. At least I have the manual.

Return to “Mixcraft”