Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

AIR Expand2.., anyone using it with MixCraft?

Use this topic to discuss VST and DirectX plugins for Mixcraft, Spin It Again or Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

squeakie

AIR Expand2.., anyone using it with MixCraft?

Postby squeakie » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Just curious if anyone has tried this with MixCraft. I successfully got their Mini Grand VST to work, but have not been able to get their EP program to work, and my attempt to download the Trial Version of Expand didn’t go well.

Thx.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX-500, Roland RS-70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer-88, Casio PX-330, Behringer Studio Monitors, Mixcraft 8 Pro, Fujitsu T901 (i5, 8GB Ram, 64-bit, SSD), Lots of VST’s :-)

Mark Bliss

Re: AIR Expand2.., anyone using it with MixCraft?

Postby Mark Bliss » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:06 pm

I was gifted a license to this, never installed.
It requires the iLok license management software, and I have never been able to get that to work.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

squeakie

Postby squeakie » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:17 pm

I’ve had issues with the iLok licensing software too. I have the AIR Mini Grand (came free with a midi controller I bought). It actually came with several AIR programs, but the only one I got to work was Mini Grand. I attempted to download the Expand2 Trial directly from AIR Music Techs site, and boy was that a mess. Screwed up iLok, and caused other issues. Thinking I’ll just stay away from the rest of their products.
Yamaha MOXF6, Roland Juno-Di, Casio MZX-500, Roland RS-70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Hammer-88, Casio PX-330, Behringer Studio Monitors, Mixcraft 8 Pro, Fujitsu T901 (i5, 8GB Ram, 64-bit, SSD), Lots of VST’s :-)

mick

Postby mick » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm

I use Sonivox 88, Expand! and Hybrid, all using the ilock thingy. Only problem I've had is the ilock drops the ball on rare occasions or maybe doesn't start, but restating computer fixes it and all are great to use. I think I had to re-install ilock once but that was no great disaster. All work perfectly with Mixcraft.

ilock image.PNG
ilock image.PNG (142.77 KiB) Viewed 945 times

vst.PNG
vst.PNG (577.98 KiB) Viewed 945 times

squeakie

Postby squeakie » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 am

Maybe I’ll give it another shot. I’ve attempted to download several AIR products. The only one I’ve gotten to work is Mini Grand.

What do you think of Expand2? It has a lot of good reviews.

Thx!

mick

Postby mick » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:50 am

@ squeakie

Plugin-boutique Xpand2 is £3.95 Hybrid 3 is £1 get both for what they cost.
Sonivox 88 ensemble is also worth the current £11.95 offer. It has many 2 part voices of piano/string/choir/pads.

No brainer! :D

Mark Bliss

Postby Mark Bliss » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:42 am

Update:
After about 4 years and I think 3 different DAW computers, and much effort and cursing, I finally got the latest version of iLok's license manager to run...…
And so I have been installing some various VST and VSTi I have purchased/won over time- (including Hybrid3 and Vacuum Pro from AIR FWIW.)
So far, so good. But will I ever really use them? That's the question.
Maybe I need to go on an Electronic/EDM tangent. I dunno. :lol:

It did allow me to load some cool plug ins I have never been able to make work though.....
Off to experiment and see if things are "stable"
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 pm

The iLok is initially offensive, but I have not had a problem in the last year or two. The 3rd Gen one being metal is great for protecting your stuff. You just carry it in your little trouser pocket thingy when you go out.
Xpand!2 was great when I first got it, as it has 4 layers (though the Midi channels are fixed 1-4, which is irritating) and the list of sounds included with it are great and they have great quality for something so cheap. These days I use the 16 layer Aria Player that comes with the Garritan libraries to get the giant sounds I want (the single layer Sforzando is free and there are lots of free sounds, some of which are brilliant - both Sforzando and the Aria Player also load soundfont files [after they convert them] which was the common sound building format on soundcards in the 1990s). Basically I'd put Xpand! in the same kind of category as the Aria Player (in a miniature form) rather than an EDM one, though I expect it can handle that stuff too
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

Return to “Plugins, Plugins, Plugins!”