Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

First note goofups

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

bigaquarium

First note goofups

Postby bigaquarium » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Evening,

I have noticed that sometimes VSTi plugins will get very confused on the first note of a song and will briefly play in the wrong octave. Is there a reason for this? I have a project that never did that before, I recorded some unrelated tracks, and now every time I try to mix down to a MP3 or a WAV, one of the synths misses the first note, and the other one plays in the wrong octave continuously.

:?

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlouvar

Re: First note goofups

Postby jlouvar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Out of curiosity, does it only do it on mixdowns, or does it also do it during playback too?
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

bigaquarium

Postby bigaquarium » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi,

Great question. In this case only on mixdown, although it has happened on playback before too. Sometimes I will put a silent note in front of a MIDI clip to get it to snap out of it, not sure what I'm going to do this time but I just moved everything to the right one bar to create a blank measure to hopefully get it sorted out.

-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigaquarium

Postby bigaquarium » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm

If that doesn't work maybe I should mix some of these instruments to clips first individually eh?

- N

bigaquarium

Postby bigaquarium » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Wow. It took a lot of trackal calisthenics but I finally managed to cajole MC into squeezing out what I was looking for. All of the misbehavior was on Ultra Analog Session tracks save one (5 out of 6). I finally wound up mixing them down one by one with the afore-mentioned efforts to get them to play properly.

:x

- N

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 am

Yeah, that's the answer, slide around problematic plugins using blank intros and mixdowns of tracks first. AAS (Applied Acoustic Systems, for those who don't know) make nice plugins, but they do often cause problems, the best examples of their incomplete programming I can think of are the fact that on the vst2 version of Virtual String Studio 3 it is impossible to name presets due to the double striking of every letter you type when naming a new preset, which forces you to use the vst3 version (I wasted an entire weekend before I realised that that might work). That and the fact that they have abandoned making 32bit versions of the software. It's annoying. ... Also make sure the arpeggiator is not switched on in the plugin to avoid wrong octave notes being produced.
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

bigaquarium

Hypothesisisisisisssssssssss

Postby bigaquarium » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:36 am

Morning!

How much you wanna bet that this problem stems from the following check box:

Preferences>Plug-ins>Reset Plug-ins On Playback And Mix Down

I haven't tried it yet, but that has to be it...

- N

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:29 am

That or the Arpeggio settings
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

dpaterson

Postby dpaterson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 am

Hmmmnnn...

I wonder if this is not related somehow:

Many times (and it seems to be getting worse of late) when I record an audio (guitar) track then when I mixdown there is a huge and loud pop in the rendered audio file. The pop is clearly visible in the rendered audio file as the very first thing in the audio file. I’ve tried everything to make this go away including using the biggest buffer size known to man as well as unchecking that box that resets plugins. Doesn’t happen if I just play the track in Mixcraft though. So again: when all else fails it’s return to Melda (MRecorder).

Return to “Mixcraft”