Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Dmitry Sches Audio has moved to Plugin Alliance : Disaster

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Ian Craig

Dmitry Sches Audio has moved to Plugin Alliance : Disaster

Postby Ian Craig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone else uses Dmitry Sches software Thorn (vsti), Diversion (vsti), Tantra (Multi-FX) here, but I think his software is just about the best synthesis and FX software I've come across.
Being a one man operation he has decided to get support by letting Plugin Alliance sell his software exclusively, etc etc. Anyway, my only previous experience with them was an inability to log in to the account I created several years ago, which sent my head spinning like it was in The Exorcist, so I gave up. As he had updated 'Thorn' to v1.2 I tried to log in, change password and yet again, all I got was a message saying 'no account exists' after I'd created one. After several days they have finally sorted it out and I was able to sign into the account and download and authorise 'Thorn' and some free plugins they have on the site. Now the problem is that every time I try to load that version of Thorn there is a 30 second plus wait between altering any of the controls and the changes to occur. This does not happen with version 1.1.0 (which does not have the Plugin Alliance authorisation system). I also tried one of the free FX plugins from them and whilst it worked it was jerky and after I'd made a couple of adjustments it crashed Mixcraft, so I think it is down to their system. So I was just wondering if anyone else had used this system and found this problem ?
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 24GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

Mark Bliss

Re: Dmitry Sches Audio has moved to Plugin Alliance : Disaster

Postby Mark Bliss » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Hey Ian,
I have a few licenses through PA and don't recall any issues. I'll do some testing later and see what happens.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Mark Bliss wrote:Hey Ian,
I have a few licenses through PA and don't recall any issues. I'll do some testing later and see what happens.

Thanks Mark
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 24GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional

Mark Bliss

Postby Mark Bliss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:40 am

Alright, I cant say about the Thorn VSTi specifically, but after taking inventory :shock: and running some brief tests, I can tell you I have ten BrainWorx and one Elysia license via P.A. and they all installed, authorized with no issues, load into Mixcraft promptly and seem to function fine. No crashes, no issues.
I cant say for sure, but as far as I can tell once installed and authorized, its a local machine registration, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Mark Bliss wrote:Alright, I cant say about the Thorn VSTi specifically, but after taking inventory :shock: and running some brief tests, I can tell you I have ten BrainWorx and one Elysia license via P.A. and they all installed, authorized with no issues, load into Mixcraft promptly and seem to function fine. No crashes, no issues.
I cant say for sure, but as far as I can tell once installed and authorized, its a local machine registration, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Okay thanks Mark. Dmitry Sches is looking into himself (we've been corresponding by email, so hopefully I can get it working properly eventually, like the previous version still is).
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 24GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional

Mark Bliss

Postby Mark Bliss » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 pm

I know you probably already know this, but the described symptoms remind me- are you trying the vst3 version? (If even applicable) If so, try vst2?
Also, perhaps this is actually something to do with the updated version?
Just a thought. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Return to “Mixcraft”