Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

I'm looking to survey DAW users to understand usage and demographics

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

seadoubleyoujay

I'm looking to survey DAW users to understand usage and demographics

Postby seadoubleyoujay » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Hey fellow Ableton users, as a personal project I'm looking to gather data about DAW usage and the background of people who use DAWs. I'm posting this survey around several subreddits and forums geared towards production with the hope of finding interesting trends in these communities. As someone who's gone through a few DAWs before settling on one that fit my workflow (while still using additional ones for certain tasks), I've wondered about potential similarities in the journey that many of us go through while pursuing this wonderful hobby.

The survey takes roughly 10-15 minutes (though can be completed quicker), and will be active for a week or two before I close off the responses and start compiling the data. All of my results will be posted with raw data, fixed data, and infographics publicly for everyone to access. All responses are anonymous and no data will be shared or sold. I would love to hear from anyone across all skill levels and all communities, so feel free to post, repost, share or do whatever else you would like with this survey!

Survey link: https://forms.gle/ADfb8BNoEqLer6gAA

Note: there have been some issues with completing the survey on mobile devices. Copying the link and pasting it directly into a browser has helped some users, but Google Forms might still have some issues there.

jlouvar

Re: I'm looking to survey DAW users to understand usage and demographics

Postby jlouvar » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 pm

seadoubleyoujay wrote:Hey fellow Ableton users, as a personal project I'm looking to gather data about DAW usage and the background of people who use DAWs. I'm posting this survey around several subreddits and forums geared towards production with the hope of finding interesting trends in these communities. As someone who's gone through a few DAWs before settling on one that fit my workflow (while still using additional ones for certain tasks), I've wondered about potential similarities in the journey that many of us go through while pursuing this wonderful hobby.

The survey takes roughly 10-15 minutes (though can be completed quicker), and will be active for a week or two before I close off the responses and start compiling the data. All of my results will be posted with raw data, fixed data, and infographics publicly for everyone to access. All responses are anonymous and no data will be shared or sold. I would love to hear from anyone across all skill levels and all communities, so feel free to post, repost, share or do whatever else you would like with this survey!

Survey link: https://forms.gle/ADfb8BNoEqLer6gAA

Note: there have been some issues with completing the survey on mobile devices. Copying the link and pasting it directly into a browser has helped some users, but Google Forms might still have some issues there.

Hello and welcome to the Acoustica forums.

I use Acoustica Mixcraft 8 Pro because... 1) MC8P does everything I need, 2) MC8P is very affordable, 3) MC8P is very easy to use, and 4) MC8P has the best customer support.
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

Return to “General Music Topics”