Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Help, mixed down song problems.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

DwarvenDwarf

Help, mixed down song problems.

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 pm

I just bought Mixcraft 5 and I feel like I wasted my money :(

Everytime I mix down a song, no matter the format, the finished song has all kinds of problems. Sounds cutting out prematurely being the main one.

The song runs great in the program itself, with some lag here and there. I am using sounds from the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra library for the whole song, but when I mix it down, most of the sounds keep cutting out, like there is no reverb.

I tried mp3 format, and wave, and both files give me the sound cutting out. I am using the Asio driver setting, and also tried mixing it down in the Wave setting, to no avail.

Any help would be welcome :)

Bango Skank

Postby Bango Skank » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Maybe try to mixdown each track individually. Then import each of those into a new project then mixdown your song that way.

DwarvenDwarf

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I tried just playing one sound from the East West Engine. It's a choir sound. I played one chord, and held it down for about 4 seconds. Then I exported it into an mp3 file, and it plays like I just tapped the chord once. It doesnt ring out or anything.

For some reason it isn't recording the velocity sensitive notes.
I also mixed down some of my older songs using other vsts when I was on the trial, and they all came out fine.

I hope there is a solution to this, or I just lost $75 :(

Bango Skank

Postby Bango Skank » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:25 pm

weird. I use "Edirol Orchestral" vst. Excelent sounds, best brass synths i've ever heard. Maybe try downloading that?

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi,

Try it with Mixcraft 5.1 build 135.

Greg

DwarvenDwarf

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Tried it with the new build, same problem unfortunately.
The sound plays fine when I play it in the editor, but when I mix it down, it gets cut off like I only tapped it for a second, when I'm holding down the chord for at least 4 seconds.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi,

Are you mixing down to MP3, wave, or what? Try mixing down to a different audio format and see if that makes a difference.

What quality settings are you using when you mix down?

Greg

DwarvenDwarf

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:08 pm

I have tried every format there is, mp3, wave, etc. I tried the highest quality settings, and the lowest, but the sound still cuts off in the finished song, like it wont recognize the velocity sensitive keys or something.

It sounds like if you were to play a full song with every track frozen. That's how the final version sounds, but obviously the tracks aren't frozen when I mix it down.

OzRob

Postby OzRob » Sat May 01, 2010 5:39 am

Bango Skank wrote:weird. I use "Edirol Orchestral" vst. Excelent sounds, best brass synths i've ever heard. Maybe try downloading that?

Dude.....East West are the industry standard samples. Edirol orchestral is a synthesizer. :?

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sat May 01, 2010 7:53 am

That may be true but there also programs like pro tools that are the "industry standard" that do no better than programs like Mixcraft, so why not try something else if it works?

OzRob

Re: re

Postby OzRob » Sat May 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Acoustica Eric wrote:That may be true but there also programs like pro tools that are the "industry standard" that do no better than programs like Mixcraft, so why not try something else if it works?

That is sometimes the case but one should compare apples with apples, not apples with oranges. A synthesizer is not the same as a sampler.

DwarvenDwarf

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Sun May 02, 2010 9:53 am

Well, I have tried downloading quite a few trials of software I could, (most don't even have trials or demos), but the problem is they are so confusing in trying to figure out how the heck to get the vst up and going in the first place, hence why I like Mixcraft the most, for the simplicity.

I'll try FL Studio and try to record something and see how that works, but I've opened up a ticket for this problem in the meantime.

Any more suggestions are welcome and appreciated :D

DwarvenDwarf

Postby DwarvenDwarf » Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am

Tried FL Studio. Recorded a few notes, and exported into an mp3. The notes weren't cut off, and sounded exactly like I recorded it.

I hate FlStudio for the record. Why does that work and Mixcraft doesnt...arghhh! :(

There's gotta be a simple solution, but I tried all the simple solutions I can think of. Guess I'll have to wait for the support email in the meantime.

I would try to export it in Mixcraft 4 to see if it works, but it keeps asking me for a separate code for 4, to mix songs down.

Bango Skank

Re: re

Postby Bango Skank » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:28 pm

OzRob wrote:
Acoustica Eric wrote:That may be true but there also programs like pro tools that are the "industry standard" that do no better than programs like Mixcraft, so why not try something else if it works?

That is sometimes the case but one should compare apples with apples, not apples with oranges. A synthesizer is not the same as a sampler.

Relax, sparky. I had no clue what EastWest was, i was only trying to be helpful. You know, instead of waiting around for someone to make a mistake so i can jump all over it.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Help, mixed down song problems.

Postby Acoustica Greg » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,

We talked to EastWest about this problem and they fixed it in at least one version of their software. Try updating to the latest version of your EastWest Symphonic Orchestra.

Greg

DwarvenDwarf wrote:I just bought Mixcraft 5 and I feel like I wasted my money :(

Everytime I mix down a song, no matter the format, the finished song has all kinds of problems. Sounds cutting out prematurely being the main one.

The song runs great in the program itself, with some lag here and there. I am using sounds from the EastWest Symphonic Orchestra library for the whole song, but when I mix it down, most of the sounds keep cutting out, like there is no reverb.

I tried mp3 format, and wave, and both files give me the sound cutting out. I am using the Asio driver setting, and also tried mixing it down in the Wave setting, to no avail.

Any help would be welcome :)

Return to “Mixcraft”