"Procession" (Orchestral Soundtrack)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

"Procession" (Orchestral Soundtrack)

Post by UilleannB »

So - here it is: my first - and last - track made with Mixcraft 5.2*! (*'cause from now on I'm using Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, of course) :wink:

The style could maybe be described best as "classic orchestra soundtrack" kind of (at least that's what I'm trying to do, I'm still new to this).
I called it "Procession", 'cause it seems to fit for some reason. (Just toying with the images that emerge in my mind's eye - the English horn somehow reminds me of a duck, while the combination of French horns and timpani brings up the image of walking elephants and ... uhmmm, well - just make your own sense of it!)
I would have uploaded it to MixcraftLive, but I couldn't get registered. So Soundcloud it is for now:

:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/uilleannb/procession

edit: Added it to MixcraftLive now too: http://mixcraftlive.com/A._C./audio.php

Hope someone enjoys it. - Thanks for listening!
[bow & curtain]
Last edited by UilleannB on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
SoundSquire

Re: "Procession" (Orchestral Soundtrack)

Post by SoundSquire »

Nice choice of instrumentation and beautiful progression...or is it procession. :lol:

My only comment is that is sounds like too small a space for the strong instrumentation. Needs some more ambiance. Maybe a hall reverb on the master? I guess I am just a reverb hog. :mrgreen:

Note if you have MC6 Pro try the Izotope Mastering Essentials on the master effects with the classical 2 preset. Awesome!
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Wow, cool - thanks for the feedback and the advice. True, I was focussing most on the composition, but didn't get too deep into the art of mixing yet. Didn't thought of it, cause don't know much about this so far. I got MCPS6 a few days ago, and am just starting to guess all the potentials it has (but I could have guessed a program named Mixcraft has a strong point at when it comes to mixing tracks :D). Will sure try to consider this in future projects. Thank you. Cheers!
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Okay, I used the plugin you mentioned to add a bit more reverb/ ambience as you said. Made the sound a little wider, still I got a lot to learn about this.

I also would be interested if there is a comand or an option somewhere to make a track stop. Because when I exported it, the track runs 2:51, but is actually only 2:48 long (that's the tail in the graph, don't know why it is there & know how to remove it).
SoundSquire

Post by SoundSquire »

Those extra seconds at the end are fine. Will come in handy when you start making albums. 8)

I like the changes you made. It does sound richer in terms of the space/ambiance. I did notice a slight bit of overdrive on the analog simulation (I guess from Izotope) but it gave some of the sounds some presence.
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube