The Spirit of Christmas, 2012 (classic-orchestral)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

The Spirit of Christmas, 2012 (classic-orchestral)

Post by UilleannB »

This is my contribution for Christmas 2012. This song had its history, but in the end I'm glad I could bring it to an acceptable finish. (A big thank you to Greg, Dan & Eric & the other guys from Acoustica, as well as the community here for trying to help.)

I wanted to write a "Christmas song", capturing the feelings associated with this festival ... (I don't know if I succeeded, you may decide.)
In the process it I learned about the limits of my computer, but I'm still amazed on what can be done with this software.

Originally I wanted to post it on Christmas eve, but since I'm still somehow excited about it - and just in case the Maya were right about World's End coming Friday - you can listen to it now already, Mixcraft Live or Soundcloud:

http://mixcraftlive.com/A._C./audio.php
http://soundcloud.com/uilleannb/the-spi ... stmas-2012

Thanks for listening. Enjoy!
benhal9

Re: The Spirit of Christmas, 2012 (classic-orchestral)

Post by benhal9 »

I like it. Needs guitars, but I think everything needs guitars.
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Hehe, thanks! :-)

I would have considered adding guitars, but my computer went already to its limits, due to the large orchestration and probably - maybe - the reason for the issues I wrote about in the Mixcraft board. So I couldn't squeeze anything more into it.
SoundSquire

Post by SoundSquire »

Nice! 8)

I have not listened to much Christmas music and this put me in the mood. Great instrument selection and arrangement. Sounds like the ambiance in this track is better with what I perceive to be a large soundstage. I hear some nice width on the piano sound and the bells sound like they are back on the stage. Sleigh bells and shimmer with a nod to hark the herald angels! :wink:

Merry Christmas my fellow Mixcrafters.
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Thanks. The mood was what I was aiming for ... :-)
Of course I took your advice from the first song to heart and tried making it sound like a little bigger stage using iZotope plug-in (so there you have a small credit in it too ;-)).
Still, a lot of the details I don't understand yet fully, but it will get better over the time.