EJected

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

EL34

EJected

Post by EL34 »

Got a new Mixcraft and Beatcraft tune here.
Kind of in the Eric Johnson style.

EJected - 2.83 meg
Last edited by EL34 on Sun May 06, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Great guitar harmonies man! It IS an Eric Johnson type of sound, kind of like a happier Joe Satriani.
How do you manage to get controlled feedback with that guitar rig software you use?
I would think natural feedback is next to impossible with software guitar preamps.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Don't know but GR has that ability. It feels like a real amp to me. I am still using tube preamp. Guitar into a tube pre amp then signal from the tube pre amp goes into my sound card line in so I still have some tube tone in my signal chain.

I still think that my real tube amps sound better but, I cannot get the same sounds micing an amp and not having all the cool effects GR has.

There's still nothing like standing in front of a real tube amp cabinet and feeling the big air moving stuff around. If I was recording in a real studio they could hook me up on tone but at home, I just can't get a happy live amp tone.

GR just makes it too damn easy to get a good sound quickly, going direct in the PC, the sound is so clear and easy to record. And a ton of effects and sounds are a mouse click away.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I downloaded the demo, will try it this weekend in the studio.
But $400?????????????? Holy expensive!!!
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Yeah, it's an ugly price.

Don't bother with the foot pedal thing, there seems to be some issues with it.

I bought GR1 a year ago and the foot controller from GR1.

I upgraded to GR2 recently and still use the GR1 foot controller for just a couple things. I don't use the pre amp in the foot controller.
Many guys use GR as a stand alone app with no controller.

You can use midi pedal rigs like the behringer stuff for switching, wah, etc.

Unfortunately, they only give you 30 minutes to play with the demo and there's not much you can do in 30 minutes. You can tweak GR endlessly and dial in tons of cool sounds.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

The pedal looked like a great idea if someone wanted to use a laptop as their preamp on stage.
I am not gonna pay that much money for software anyway, so the trial is as far I go.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I understand, the money is steep on GR.

All those weird alien noises and synth sounds that I do is all done with GR.

I use the Bass presets also with my Bass to record.

GR2 now has all kinds of cool sequencer stuff and a million other things that I don't even have time to explore.

Lots of guys use GR for live gigs with laptops. There's a forum I vist on the Native Instruments web site where they hang out. You can get a Behringer foot pedal assembly that has two pedals and a bunch of switches.
that way you can have a volume, or expression pedal and a Dedicated wah or whatever. The pedals and switches can change with each preset and be something different.

Every single component and all the knobs can be controlled with any switch or pedal. There's a learn function in Gr to set that up. So if you have a delay, you can make a pedal change the length of delay or whatever on the fly or change any parameter you want.

It's too much for me. I have about 10 sounds I use out of the endless variety available to you.
You can spend so much time tweaking that you never get to play yer guitar. :?
Last edited by EL34 on Thu May 11, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

cool thanks, i will check it out. Probably hook it up as if it was live (to a amp and cabinet) and see what it will do.