New album done entirely with Mixcraft

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

w1av

New album done entirely with Mixcraft

Post by w1av »

Here is the latest project I have been working on....an album done almost entirely of Lydian-mode based tunes.....I wanted to do some material with a more "major" sound to it, in comparison to the minor and quartal flavors of my 2 previous albums.

https://soundcloud.com/bobruzzo/sets/lydian-moods
davefk

Re: New album done entirely with Mixcraft

Post by davefk »

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it! I like the drum kit you are using on 'Casual Blues', what is it? 'Latin Groove', I thought I was listening to Santana. 'Moonflower II' very Pat Metheny. Overall great mix, tones and styles. :D
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Love it! Listened to the first two and bookmarked it for later this evening when I can shill out with a nice Coca Cola or something.. :wink:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
w1av

Post by w1av »

Glad U guys liked the music. "Davefk" I don't remember the drum track for "Casual blues" because I download a ton of drum tracks off the web. I use the tracks that fit the type of song I am doing. I have a few folders with lots of drum tracks and usually don't keep track of them once they are used.

"Latin groove" was done in Dorian mode which is what Santana uses alot. What I was doing was playing a few measures then going up a 1/2 step....then back down...then up. The drum track was a Latin style track I found on web. And "Moonflower" was something I did and I was looking for a mellow unsettling groove to play a Locrian arpeggio. Alot of these tunes are just experimental and the ones I like that sound OK I will post, then I make an album out of them. Too bad this kind of music is not popular.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Great playing, nicely mixed also. You have a definite knack for this style of music! What guitar do you use and what tone/effects did you use? :D
w1av

Post by w1av »

Otteh, I used a Strat, neck position on all the electric guitar tracks and a Yamaha nylon string classical for some tunes. I usually use minimal effects but I run the Strat into a Fender Super Champ amp. Signal goes out from the output jack to interface. I usually set the bass knob to about 5, treble to 5 or 6....then use a little reverb (Tal Reverb) . The classical guitar is recorded with a Blue Mic positioned about a foot away pointing towards upper neck. I remove sub bass freqs from that. This was the first time I used a Strat on a whole album. Normally I have recorded with Telecasters and SG's.
komet

Post by komet »

w1av wrote:Otteh, I used a Strat, neck position on all the electric guitar tracks and a Yamaha nylon string classical for some tunes. I usually use minimal effects but I run the Strat into a Fender Super Champ amp. Signal goes out from the output jack to interface. I usually set the bass knob to about 5, treble to 5 or 6....then use a little reverb (Tal Reverb) . The classical guitar is recorded with a Blue Mic positioned about a foot away pointing towards upper neck. I remove sub bass freqs from that. This was the first time I used a Strat on a whole album. Normally I have recorded with Telecasters and SG's.
Nice, very professional - I just starting with recording and find this website. I hope there will be more posts :)
Good
In production on soft drink brands I need good acoustica :)