Give this one a listen please - Satch tune

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

EL34

Give this one a listen please - Satch tune

Post by EL34 »

I have messing with this Satriani tune for years.
I don't have Joe's bag of cool shred tricks but I get by ok on this in my own simple way.
Just a couple small goofs here and there.

Check out my first mix and let me know how it sounds.

Appreciate the listen and comments.

Back to Shalla-Bal link

http://www.el34world.com/Misc/Music/fil ... llaBal.mp3

Mixicraft 3 and Beatcraft were used.
Last edited by EL34 on Sun May 06, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

sounds pretty good to me - ya got a knack for getting the right sounds for the artist -still learning all this myself-but it sounds great
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

That sounded great.Professional studio quality.Love the lead sound and I didn't hear any goofs.EL34,do you take requests? Satriani's "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing" :)I'm kidding,but I love that song.Every tune I've heard of yours is a definite thumbs up,G 8) ............:oops: I'm officially embarressed for posting a tune on here.Any recording tips for this rookie.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

hey, G,

I don't know how to play mystical potato song but I do like it.

I remember when a sneak preview of Mystical potato head groove first came out as a flexible vinyl pressing in the middle of a guitar mag.

Flying in a blue dream is some of Joe's best work.

I can't do all that fancy stuff Joe does so I stick to songs of his that I can take liberties with.

As for recording tips.
I'll get back to when I have a bit more time.
see ya
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

I saw Joe Satriani around 1990,I think.It was the Flying in a Blue Dream tour.2nd row in a 1500 seat venue.Amazing show.I remember him wailing on a harmonica for Big Bad Moon.He didn't really seem comfortable singing,but the guitar work throughout the show was second to none.Not sure why but I vividly remember the song Circles from the Surfing disc.Guess it was a favorite of mine at the time.....Holy crap I'm getting old!.....Listened to your version again.Very sweet.Cool panning or filtering effect around the 2 minute mark.Cheers,G.