My Latest Track

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Brother Charles

My Latest Track

Post by Brother Charles »

Howdy Mixcrafters:

Brother Charles here. :)

This is the tenth and final track on my upcoming Gospel/Blues album, "The Gospel, Just a Little Bit Louder".

Mixed entirely within Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 (64-bit).

This is a classic Gospel rock song by Mylon LeFevre entitled: "Gospel Ship". This track features a distinctly 70s (melodic) classic rock vibe. Even the drums VI used was Native Instrument's "Abbey Roads 70s Drummer". We've got big ol' crunchin' guitar riffs, overdriven Hammond, Rickenbacker 4001 Bass, CP80 Electric Grand, kool girlie "Ooos & Ahhs" . . . the whole enchilada.

If you get a chance and you're interested, feel free to check it out.
Brother Charles - Gospel Ship
Last edited by Brother Charles on Sat May 30, 2015 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
outteh

Re: My Latest Track

Post by outteh »

Link's broke?
Brother Charles

outteh wrote:Link's broke?
Fixed it right away. 8)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
outteh

Post by outteh »

WOW! Amazing work. I would love to jam with you guys! Great stuff! 8) :D
Brother Charles

outteh wrote:WOW! Amazing work. I would love to jam with you guys! Great stuff! 8) :D
Thanks a million! The thing is, it's not "guys" - it's just me. Isn't multi-tracking and quality VIs a wonderful thing? :mrgreen:

BTW, if you generally like that style, you might like this track as well. *Shameless self promo, Grin.
Brother Charles - Royal Telephone
outteh

Post by outteh »

Including the vocals?
Brother Charles

outteh wrote:Including the vocals?
LOL . . . yessir. The vocals is kinda the main part of a song, me thinks. *Grin. Er, well obviously NOT the backing female vocals. :lol:

Years ago, I played lead guitar professionally in the Canadian country music scene, but never really considered myself a serious singer. I still don't for that matter. Nonetheless, I've always loved 'trying' to sing. I started 'playing with' keyboards entirely out of neccessity - we needed a Hammond player at church. Again, I'd always *wanted to be able to play Hammond, Piano, and etc., but it's only the last 4 years since I actually got into it.

I'm not a great keyboardest by a long shot, but thanks to midi/piano roll editing, multi-tracking and multiple takes, I manage to "pull it off" well enough for my own purposes. :mrgreen:
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Very nice Brother Charles. Great playing and production. I really enjoyed "sins are gone". Some questions on the latter if you don't mind.

1) Is that a real Hammond? Sure sounds authentic enough if it isn't.
2) Loved the tone you got on the guitar. Both lead and rhythm. Did you mic your amp or go direct and use the included plugins in MC7 PS?

Very nice work. Also I am looking forward to your review for MixCraft 7 Pro Studio.

Thanks
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Brother Charles

geo524 wrote:Very nice Brother Charles. Great playing and production. I really enjoyed "sins are gone". Some questions on the latter if you don't mind.

2) Loved the tone you got on the guitar. Both lead and rhythm. Did you mic your amp or go direct and use the included plugins in MC7 PS?

Very nice work. Also I am looking forward to your review for MixCraft 7 Pro Studio.

Thanks
Thanks for your kind comments; they really encourage me.

1) It sure does sound real. You'll notice with all my instrumentation, that no item sounds fake or synthetic (At least that's what I strive to achieve). In my opinion, this is one of the most realistic virtual Hammonds ever produced in either software or hardware (including Hammond's own digital keyboards). It is the 1.4 retail version of VB3. VB3 is now available as a native 64 bit plug-in.

2) Lead guitar was processed with "Tweed Delight" in Guitar Rig Pro 5, using RedWirez "57 Deluxe" IR (impulse response). Rhythm guitar was processed with "Fender Deluxe Reverb" in Amplitube Fender. I also use Reflektor by Native Instruments for a very convincing room ambience; this is shared by all guitars and keyboards on a "Send" bus. Oh and BTW, that very kool 'vintage' echo is courtesy of "Echoflex", part of the VIP bundle by Plug and Mix.

I'm looking forward to getting the review finished as well. There's actually a lot to dig through. Overall, I'm very impressed with Mixcraft Pro 7. Above all else, I'm really digging how well optimized it now is. Of course, I love Studio One (which I will also be reviewing), but Mixcraft 7 is certainly the best one yet from Acoustica. They're a GREAT customer-oriented company too. Just small enough to be homey and caring. Just large enough to be taken seriously and capable.

I've been an Acoustica supporter over the past four years and I suspect that I will remain as such. :D
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Brother Charles wrote:
geo524 wrote:Very nice Brother Charles. Great playing and production. I really enjoyed "sins are gone". Some questions on the latter if you don't mind.

Thanks
Thanks for your kind comments; they really encourage me.
Brother Charles wrote: 1) It sure does sound real. You'll notice with all my instrumentation, that no item sounds fake or synthetic (At least that's what I strive to achieve). In my opinion, this is one of the most realistic virtual Hammonds ever produced in either software or hardware (including Hammond's own digital keyboards). It is the 1.4 retail version of VB3. VB3 is now available as a native 64 bit plug-in.
Very real indeed. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check into it.

Brother Charles wrote:2) Lead guitar was processed with "Tweed Delight" in Guitar Rig Pro 5, using RedWirez "57 Deluxe" IR (impulse response). Rhythm guitar was processed with "Fender Deluxe Reverb" in Amplitube Fender. I also use Reflektor by Native Instruments for a very convincing room ambience; this is shared by all guitars and keyboards on a "Send" bus. Oh and BTW, that very kool 'vintage' echo is courtesy of "Echoflex", part of the VIP bundle by Plug and Mix.
Guitar Rig 5? I have it but never use it. I still use a ribbon mic on my amp when I record my guitar but these plugins and amp sims get better and more realistic by the day. What a wonderful world we live in these days. The technology just boggles the mind. :mrgreen:
Brother Charles wrote:I'm looking forward to getting the review finished as well. There's actually a lot to dig through. Overall, I'm very impressed with Mixcraft Pro 7. Above all else, I'm really digging how well optimized it now is. Of course, I love Studio One (which I will also be reviewing), but Mixcraft 7 is certainly the best one yet from Acoustica. They're a GREAT customer-oriented company too. Just small enough to be homey and caring. Just large enough to be taken seriously and capable.

I've been an Acoustica supporter over the past four years and I suspect that I will remain as such. :D
Me too Brother Charles! I tried MixCraft 5 and bought a license back in 2010. I liked it a lot then but I was heavy in Sonar (still am) and MC5 as good as it was lacked some features I needed and was use to. Still MixCraft left quite an impression on me and so I recently decided to check out MC7 pro studio. I upgraded almost immediately. I think it is a fine, very full featured DAW with some very nice plugins included. One thing I am really missing though is being able to group tracks. That is a MUST HAVE and frankly I'm surprised V7 doesn't have it already. The other thing is importing several audio and midi tracks at once. I know it's all probably coming in V8 so I'll be patient. I love Sonar Platinum but I have to say once track grouping and importing tracks has been implemented into MixCraft I'll put it right up there along side of it. Very impressive and yes sir... I know what you are saying about support. Very awesome indeed. Thanks for your time again Brother Charles and I look forward to listening to more of your music. Good luck with your album.
Win 10x64; Reaper; MixCraft 9 Pro; AMD FX4100 x4; 3.8GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Dual 23" HP Monitors; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen2; SSD 1TB; 3 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR 624 Monitors; Kali LP 8 monitors
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

geo524 wrote:The other thing is importing several audio and midi tracks at once. I know it's all probably coming in V8 so I'll be patient.
Did you know that you can currently select multiple audio or MIDI files in Windows file explorer and drag and drop them into Mixcraft? Use the shift or ctrl keys to select multiple files in Windows file explorer.
geo524

Post by geo524 »

Thanks Greg. I did see something about it but it sort of looks more like a work around. Can you import them all to separate tracks at once? As an example in Sonar I can open a new project, go to the file menu and import as many tracks as needed. I can also select the bit depths before importing. Is this possible with MixCraft? Don't get me wrong. I am really liking MixCraft a lot and think the Devs are doing a fantastic job but this and being able to group tracks is a must have for me.