Wake Up

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

davefk

Wake Up

Post by davefk »

Here is a little trance thing in the key of Am. There is only one chord in the track. The second synth is a copy of the first but playing at a different time in the sequence. I think it sort of works :-) It does get interesting about 1:09 in.

16 tracks with 6 sends. 4 reverb sends 1 delay, and 1 stereo widening.

https://soundcloud.com/davlinste/wake-up-original
Last edited by davefk on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mab098157

Re: Wake Up

Post by Mab098157 »

Nice Dave, Took me back to college days listening to Grover Washingtons Jr's Winelight. Everything works well. Love when it "kicks" in at 01:09. Is the woman a drop, or someone sharing your space?
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Post by davefk »

Mab098157 wrote:Nice Dave, Took me back to college days listening to Grover Washingtons Jr's Winelight. Everything works well. Love when it "kicks" in at 01:09. Is the woman a drop, or someone sharing your space?
Hi Mark

I'm so pleased you like it. Its just one of those tracks were I wanted to experiment with reverb sends. I wanted to learn a bit more about placing sounds in the stereo field but i'm still learning. (If anyone on the forum can point me to some vids on this subject, I would be grateful). For example, I want to learn how you can put say a string at 11 o'clock, but make it sound like its 2 feet from the left headphone ear piece at the same time.

This is a good find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4Dw0h4WuI

Ah ha, the woman at the end saying 'Thanks for waking up with us' is what inspired the track. Its a Mixcraft sample found in the library 'News Anchor Female Says Thank You etc.ogg'

My son told me to leave her out, but I sort of think it fits at the end. The track would benefit from a funky rhythm and lead guitar if there are any takers?

Dave
Last edited by davefk on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Coincidence? In my last post in the user showcase "gone..demo" I used a zone reverb approach also. 3 sends; near, middle and deep. Saw it somewhere on web. Think it added some depth to the mix. Each send has different verbs with adjustments to pre reflect and lpass levels.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Nice work Dave,

Leave the voice in - it adds a special touch. Love the bass line. Good mix.

Keep 'em coming.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

outteh

Post by outteh »

davefk wrote:

The track would benefit from a funky rhythm and lead guitar if there are any takers?

Dave
Hmmmm! :wink:
davefk

Post by davefk »

outteh wrote:
davefk wrote:

The track would benefit from a funky rhythm and lead guitar if there are any takers?

Dave
Hmmmm! :wink:
If you are interested please let me know and I will link the file. Please let me hear what you add :D
Last edited by davefk on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Here you go, a little guitar in the act. Thought about tossing in the ol, VB3 but it might not work with all the other cool synth stuff going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezluo53efbk1d ... 9.wav?dl=0
davefk

Post by davefk »

outteh wrote:Here you go, a little guitar in the act. Thought about tossing in the ol, VB3 but it might not work with all the other cool synth stuff going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezluo53efbk1d ... 9.wav?dl=0
Hi Tom

That was great! What an interesting choice of chords, lead and rhythm you have added. I really enjoyed listening to your remix additions. How about if you are up for it just doing a version with the VB3?

Dave
outteh

Post by outteh »

I'll see what I can come up with! :wink:
outteh

Post by outteh »

Here's a cut with the VB3 Hammond emulator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atwfn7avgf9mb ... 9.wav?dl=0
midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Hi Dave and Tom--

Loved the original of this, and it just keeps getting deeper and better! Excellent serendipitous collab! Rick.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein