I am so proud of Mixcraft!

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

Re: I am so proud of Mixcraft!

Post by msnickybee »

RobertAllan wrote:I liked both songs linked here in this thread (allthough i can certainly relate to not enjoying older stuff, same way myself)
Good song(s), solid and pleasent productions, intresting voice. Glad i checked you out :)

RobertAllan
Thanks Robert, I like your stuff too!!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
carlsson

Post by carlsson »

msnickybee wrote:I am so proud of Mixcraft! What do I mean by that? Well, I've been a big user since v5. Sometimes posted here, but not much. But also really struggled with everything I had to learn, more so in terms of the techniques that underpin the technology, particularly in that "dark art" we call Mastering....and I'm proud of the tools it now has (eg the ToneBoosters, but I'm also a huge fan of "Limiter no.6")

So I'm very very nervous about posting any of my attempts here, but here goes. Sure, I'd be better getting someone else to sing it, but I know you guys play nice and will be all about the mixing technique etc etc ;_) I'm fundamentally more of a guitarist, but I've recently found Mixcraft is so great at manually putting together piano pieces... which I kind of humbly do with a tiny USB controller keyboard and the step sequencer...

So here we go, it's called "Begin Again", and kind of influenced by one of my fav ever films of the same name! complete with a verrry cheeeeesy video, because I really don't like the sound quality Soundcloud offers (I feel YouTube is slightly better, esp if you bump the vid up to 1080p).

Begin Again by msnickybee

thanks!
Just a thing I heard about Soundcloud, apparently they don't handle MP3 files too well. I've been recommended to upload wave files instead. Something to do with conversion I believe (the streaming sound from SC is MP3).

Anyway, I liked your song, arrangement, production and performance. You're a good singer, don't doubt that.
ruhestrom

Post by ruhestrom »

very nice song, really... and i don´t think you should have 2nd thoughts of your singing... wait until you hear mine lol..

subbed your Youtube :P
Fiddlesticks

Post by Fiddlesticks »

msnickybee wrote:because I really don't like the sound quality Soundcloud offers (I feel YouTube is slightly better, esp if you bump the vid up to 1080p).
I prefer YouTube over Soundcloud as well. I had some troubles with the sound quality at Soundcloud so I finally deleted my account... Very nice song! :D
davefk

Post by davefk »

From one British person to another, that was pretty darn good! You must continue now that you've found your audience here. :-)
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

davefk wrote:From one British person to another, that was pretty darn good! You must continue now that you've found your audience here. :-)
Thanks Dave, means a lot! And thanks for taking the time to listen to these!
Yes, the forum here did a *huge* amount to bring me out of hiding and start making music again after quite a few years in the wilderness.
They're a wonderful bunch of folks, they really are.
I'm in the (hopefully) final recording and mixing stages of 2 new songs, so hopeful there too. Doesn't come easy, especially with an obsessive personality!

Take care
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel