Decline of Western Civilization

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stubby03

Decline of Western Civilization

Post by Stubby03 »

msnickybee

Re: Decline of Western Civilization

Post by msnickybee »

Some great guitaring there! Got a good live feel to it. How did you approach mixing?
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

I have not been mixing a longtime. I have put a song on here in the past, to learn. I started with drums. EQ'd, compressed. On to bass guitar, which I play, and so on. Then went back to a nice reverb for the drums that I thought sounded good. A little on the guitars. We had 3 or 4 guitar tracks recorded. I picked a different guitar pattern for the second verse. I do the singing and harmonies also. I am very self-conscious about my singing. Can never do what I hear in my head. All my other mixes have had very low volume on vocals. I brought them out a little this time. I added a medium reverb to bring it all together. I would love to master this, but I am still learning the mixing process. I don't use a lot of effects. I think less is more. I still don't hear the song as I would like to. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need specifics on this song.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Nice!
The vocals are fine, push them up! (This is familiar..... Sounds like the vocal tracks on Eric V's Mixcraft production tutorial video I think.)
My suggestion would be to EQ the bass to narrow its footprint a bit to allow some space for other content. And take that snare out back and run over it with a truck. :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Stubby03 wrote: I still don't hear the song as I would like to.
Maybe if you would elaborate on this a little we could help you get there.

Or...

... one of the Mixcraft junkies might even volunteer to mix your tracks differently and then you could see what's happening as well as hear it. You'd have to make them available of course. -h
Audio Eclectic

Post by Audio Eclectic »

I have to agree with Mark Bliss, the pipes are more than fine, push them up, if I had those pipes I would for sure, nice work man!!!
Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

Thank you