Calm

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

davefk

Calm

Post by davefk »

Hi guys

Here's another original work in progress, with a summer theme called 'Calm'. I started working on this track in 2014. About half way through there are some sax samples from the Mixcraft library of sounds. I hope you enjoy it and as always, please feel free to give constructive criticism or ideas on how to pad the track out.

https://soundcloud.com/davlinste/calm
Last edited by davefk on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
outteh

Re: Calm

Post by outteh »

Well done, Dave! Your'e really cranking them out these days. Love the melody! :D
davefk

Post by davefk »

outteh wrote:Well done, Dave! Your'e really cranking them out these days. Love the melody! :D
Thanks Tom I appreciate you taking a listen and for your support :-)
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Ah. So that's how 'chill' is done. :D Thank you. -h
davefk

Post by davefk »

AHornsby wrote:Ah. So that's how 'chill' is done. :D Thank you. -h
Well, that's how I do it. :-) Thanks for listening. The track really needs some type of melody so I may re-do it.
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

I like this... a LOT.

Definitely something that George Michael would put some lyrics to. I know it's Chill/Ambient, but that's a real possibility with this, I think it's that good. Seriously. Would love to hear a better version than SoundCloud offers, why not put a simple video together, and get it HD video/sound on YouTube?
The sax is really interesting. The ending is fab. I was wondering how it would end, and it didn't disappoint. Unlike some, I listened to the end! I like all the sounds - the rhythm track, the various synths and pads. Would I break down the drum track at one point? Add classical guitar or some simple notes (maybe Ample Guitar Lite) then bring the drum track back in? Maybe.
Love it!!!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Nice tune, and well produced! Is that a vst saxophone?
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Good work Dave. Nice smooth groove. Assuming the sax is loops again? Its weird how the wave form doesn't seem to fit the tune? When I looked at it I thought I had a good idea of the dynamic flow, but it does seem to fit? Do you see what I mean?
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
davefk

Post by davefk »

msnickybee wrote:I like this... a LOT.

Definitely something that George Michael would put some lyrics to. I know it's Chill/Ambient, but that's a real possibility with this, I think it's that good. Seriously. Would love to hear a better version than SoundCloud offers, why not put a simple video together, and get it HD video/sound on YouTube?
The sax is really interesting. The ending is fab. I was wondering how it would end, and it didn't disappoint. Unlike some, I listened to the end! I like all the sounds - the rhythm track, the various synths and pads. Would I break down the drum track at one point? Add classical guitar or some simple notes (maybe Ample Guitar Lite) then bring the drum track back in? Maybe.
Love it!!!
Thanks for your generous comments Nicky, and for taking the time to give your thoughts. I'd love George Michael to take it on..If only..... :-) I've been thinking of putting my tracks on YouTube, so that's something I will more than likely do.

I've put a mixed 44.1 16bit wav version online for you and anyone who wants a copy. Here is the link:

https://mega.nz/#!XMklGD7K!7h0BVO5oSNAM ... YoPTCbR_dw
Choose the option to: 'Download through your browser'

All the best, Dave
Last edited by davefk on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
davefk

Post by davefk »

M@rkus wrote:Nice tune, and well produced! Is that a vst saxophone?

Thanks M@rkus! No the sax is a couple of Mixcraft samples from the sample library.
davefk

Post by davefk »

Mab098157 wrote:Good work Dave. Nice smooth groove. Assuming the sax is loops again? Its weird how the wave form doesn't seem to fit the tune? When I looked at it I thought I had a good idea of the dynamic flow, but it does seem to fit? Do you see what I mean?
Mark, thanks for your generous comments. I think I know what you mean?.... I used those sax loops in my last track ErinAva and they worked well in that. I added those sax loops to 'Calm' in 2014.

I sometimes stretch them to fit (CTRL and drag) and change the key if needed. I think It's the last time I will use those sax samples though. The thing that astounds me, is that you can use the same samples in different tracks and make them sound totally different depending upon the song style tempo etc...