Mastering Trial

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Daltonx

Mastering Trial

Post by Daltonx »

Ok here's the first song I've written and tried to Master with Mixcraft... wasn't sure if I should put it in the user showcase... it's not really that good to be showing off lol... really I just need some feedback on how well/terrible I did with the Mastering of it (holds breath).

Bit of background to the song: it's not really my kinda music tho I do like all kinds of music. I got this flippin bass rift in my head one day (in the bathroom lol :oops: ) and ran to my keyboard and recorded it.. so the bass on it kinda decided wut kind of genre it was gonna be. Also...it needed a female vocal I thought... but I couldn't get anyone to sing on it...well, not without handing over lots of money... which I don't have :cry: ....'Sweet Ann' looked good... but I couldn't afford that either lol... so I hunted for a pitch shifting plugin and sang on it myself.... don't think it would fool a professonal but I thought I got pretty close to sounding female...considering my voice is quite deep... my wife and daughter said I sounded better as a female.... tho I think they were takin the p*** outta me lol... sheesh!. Anyway..enuff rambling.. click the link and if ya can listen to the hi-fi one cuz the lo-fi is rubbish.. cheers guys! :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=754065
Last edited by Daltonx on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Nice mix! The delay on the vocals is a little much - a bit distracting - but that may just be part of the genre.

Just FYI, pitch shifting is built into Mixcraft, no plug-in necessary. Give it a try!

Dan
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Good effort there.
Reminds me of ABBA

Don't be afraid to look in all the tabs and menus in Mixcraft 3.
There's all kinds of effects, and as Dan said, it can pitch shift and do a ton of other things you may not have discovered yet.
Last edited by EL34 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daltonx

Post by Daltonx »

Cheers mate... I'm not sure what it reminds me of... it's a bit cheesy but the daughter likes that kinda stuff lol... it's not really the kinda music I'm into.. which made it more of a challenge... I was more interested in getting the mix of it balanced regardless of the song.