For A Day

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dodge27

For A Day

Post by dodge27 »

Hi I have remixed / recorded (parts of ) this song , I used a psycho acoustic bass plugin ( Waves Renaissance bass ) on it.
I referenced a commercial track for the amount bottom end , its alot more than I normally have but it seems to be the norm.
let me know how it sounds on your monitoring system.
cheers
Steve
https://soundcloud.com/stephen-thomas-ormandy/for-a-day
briannadejole

Re: For A Day

Post by briannadejole »

Sounds fine on my system; I have average speakers and I don't listen to anything in earphones.
Nice sound. I like the change down right in the middle - maybe that could be drawn out/brought out a bit more.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Nice work!

I don't use commercial 'studio' monitors. I built a small bookshelf pair (KLH model 32 ish) from parts.

The bass seemed somewhat shallow and maybe somewhat repetitive i.e, lackluster.

Also, it made me want to ask about how you handled your reverb throughout the piece.

Again, nice work. -h
dodge27

Post by dodge27 »

Thanks for the feedback , the reverb is a convolution room sound .I used a tighter one for the verse and a bigger wider one for the chorus.the vocal verbs are a mix of delays and mono to stereo verb on the lead vocal and a short stereo plate on the bvs.
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Really good sound! Harmonica is super and I like the tone of the guitar solo. Well played and produced!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
dodge27

Post by dodge27 »

Thanks , the Harmonica is played by a friend of mine , I cant take credit for that.its fun sometimes to bring people in to add to the recording process , I think only Prince , could really do it all.
Steve.