"Elizabeth's Song" Orginial Composition

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

"Elizabeth's Song" Orginial Composition

Post by jddrock »

Hi there!
This is a song my Mom and I wrote together in 2013 for one of our church's dramas. When I recorded this I had very limited equipment, experience, and knowledge about mixing. Because of this the tracks themselves have some issues, namely noise. Some of them are in fact very noisy. But I like the song and wanted to try to fix it and bring the quality up from where it was 3 or so years ago. I've heard it so many times now that I may be losing clear perspective on what it sounds like to everyone else. In the last few weeks several people have reviewed it and shared their thoughts with me. Any help, critique, thoughts, or suggestions are welcome here. Just be honest. :) Here it is: http://picosong.com/DhKA/
Thanks in advance guys!
Jeremy
AHornsby

Re: "Elizabeth's Song" Orginial Composition

Post by AHornsby »

If I remember right the old adage 'familiarity breeds contempt' relates to a lot of things, including original music.

I also like the tune but perhaps you could consider reworking the vocal some. The vocalist was a little weak to begin with...(lack of experience?) and there's nothing wrong with that, but she was covered up by a lot of gain on the other instruments and one could compare that to a kitten in a room of lions.

I thought it was well produced otherwise. Nice work and thanks. -h

P.S. This is my first exposure to Picosong and I hope some of the people here use it so I can download some good listening stuff.