In A Moment (MsNickybee)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

AHornsby

Re: In A Moment (MsNickybee)

Post by AHornsby »

Mark Bliss wrote:
AHornsby wrote:OK, so now what?
I had someone in mind to try a few vocal takes of it, and had some instrumental/arrangement variation ideas for the song, and would be thrilled at some point to revisit it.
I'd be willing to help. If I can. Just ask. -h
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Hiya good folks!!

I'm....kinda on a break too. Not like Rachel and Ross in Friends, but the good kind... a break from recording music. Been spending huge amounts of time doing that thing we call work, sorting out the house, dealing with grumpy teenagers, and listening to a lot of music inspiration - McCartney, Bowie, Elvis Costello, Billy Joel, The Pretenders, Donald Fagen, Fleetwood Mac, The Smiths, Kate Bush. Not massively inspiring, but incredibly diverting... from a spring and summer of huge focus on songs, I wrote and recorded 4 this year... which is a LOT for me ha ha ha ;-)
I still pick up the guitar, and refer back to song book ideas, but otherwise things have stopped a little, and I should hang around these parts more with you guys I know... sorry :-(

[The election!!! Here in the UK it's a nightmare... as you've probably read... and then the US too... best not talk politics here, but this is a humanity issue.... *sigh*]

Hey guys, I like ALL your ideas. Go for it. Just let me know what you need. She seems a nice singer. I'm not. I'm flattered...you have my approval :-)
I feel.... that musically this was one of my best songs...and our production with Mark's huge production and mixing stamp brought that out... BUT vocally one of my very worst, so this is an excellent, and inspiring idea :-)
A new direction is always good.

Thanks you guys :-)
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Thanks. SOWK could be the one that makes you more of a star then you already are. Best wishes on you! -h