Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

AHornsby

Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine

Post by AHornsby »

This curtain call music was done in Mixcraft for our current play: 'Stone Soup'

Thanks for listening and comments! -h

https://soundcloud.com/quiet-painter/bo ... orchestral
benhal9

Re: Bonaparte Crossing the Rhine

Post by benhal9 »

WOW!!!! BRAVO!
fabkebab

Post by fabkebab »

Very nice but there were two things which caught my ear as something I would look at

1 ) The whole mix has a strong echo to it - is there a way of bringing it more into focus?
2 ) The timing feels quite loose - it might be pure timing, it might be the attack speed of some of your instruments

anyway, nice job - this is my first foray into the forum and I enjoyed it
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

fabkebab wrote:Very nice but there were two things which caught my ear as something I would look at

1 ) The whole mix has a strong echo to it - is there a way of bringing it more into focus?
2 ) The timing feels quite loose - it might be pure timing, it might be the attack speed of some of your instruments

anyway, nice job - this is my first foray into the forum and I enjoyed it
Thank you. I took the sheet music for this piece and copied it into MuseScore then exported the midi file into Mixcraft. The loose timing is probably the result of 'humanizing' gone wild as I specifically intended to make it as un-midilike as possible.

As far as the 'echo' goes, since it was destined for a performing theater where the reverb is dead, I also added it --perhaps a bit too much-- intentionally. I'm always on the lookout for that perfect reverb which, unfortunately, I was able to duplicate in a wave editor but not in MC. So, essentially, it was me just being a bit lazy and growing tired of listening to it. -h