New song

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobertAllan

New song

Post by RobertAllan »

First song with my new"ish" studio setup. Written on guitar but ended up being mostly guitar absent.
Wrote it for/about a friend who suffers from angst. Nothing special but feel like it turned out pretty decent.
I will say this though..I really need to learn how to use pitch correction tools properly, whenever i start messing
about with pitch correction it just sounds fake and awful, so i always end up not using it. Im sure vocals would
sound a bit better with some correction here and there. Either way..Hope someone checks it out.
Recorded,mixed and mastered using Mixcraft 7.

https://soundcloud.com/robertallanoffic ... he-subject

RobertAllan
freightgod

Re: New song

Post by freightgod »

Robert, that was hauntingly beautiful, my favorite of yours so far 8) . I like the understated guitar rather than making it prominent like usual, lol :lol: The vocal is perfect. If I was to make any suggestion, and it's probably not one you should pay any heed to, is maybe layering a vocal harmony from about 4:19, but what do I know.

Very very well done!
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

freightgod wrote:Robert, that was hauntingly beautiful, my favorite of yours so far 8) . I like the understated guitar rather than making it prominent like usual, lol :lol: The vocal is perfect. If I was to make any suggestion, and it's probably not one you should pay any heed to, is maybe layering a vocal harmony from about 4:19, but what do I know.

Very very well done!
Much much appreciated Freightgod! Thanks for checking it out and the positive feedback :D
Funny, started with 3 guitar tracks, ended with one somewhat buried in the background,lol
I write 90% of my songs on my guitar and most of my music will prolly be guitar driven, that being said this was a case
of trying things out and realizing that the song benefitted from the lack of guitar tracks. Really glad you liked it :)
I actually did record a harmony part for the chorus-ish thing, but i didnt like it. Maybe a combination of impatience and struggling with the pitch correction thing,lol much much appreciated!

RobertAllan
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Perfect as it is. I really enjoyed it.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Good production. -h
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

AHornsby wrote:Good production. -h

RobertAllan
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Great song and nicely arranged! You´ve got a good ear for, dare I say, "quirky" arrengements, which I like. I also liked the sound of both the piano and the guitar! Well done! :D
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

M@rkus wrote:Great song and nicely arranged! You´ve got a good ear for, dare I say, "quirky" arrengements, which I like. I also liked the sound of both the piano and the guitar! Well done! :D
Thats a great compliment :) Thanks a million M@rkus :) Glad you liked it

RobertAllan