London Kid

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JohnS

London Kid

Post by JohnS »

Hi To all In Mixcraft

Here Is a little offering to you from The Tyros 5 keyboard
Mixed this song to my best ability In Mixcraft , but I am not at the top In mixing yet.
Frustrating sometimes to get the sounds right.
I will keep plugging on and probably get tinnitus before I am qualified!! :lol:

hope you like It

https://soundcloud.com/silver-machine/london-kid

All the best
john :D
freightgod

Re: London Kid

Post by freightgod »

Great fun! Surf's up haha!
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

I like the drive in this song. A bit 60´-ies, a bit 80´-ies and a bit 2017... Well played, and quite different to much of the music usually published here, and I mean that in a good way! :D
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi Freight god

Big thanks

surfs definitely up :D

All the best
John
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi M@arkus

Big thanks for the heads up.
It was an eighties concert at london docklands "destination docklands" Hank marvin and Jean Michel Jarre.
Fireworks everywhere for One and a half hours sequenced to the music.
I will never forget that Concert.

The same as what happened In Houston Texas when Jarre made the whole city stop with massive projections on skyscrapers and fireworks "Imagine the scene" :P

I will have to start making some music of my own soon.

I did the whole song on the Tyros 5 keyboard. The guitars are getting better on keyboards ,but In my view there is still a little way to go.

Anyway markus ,I am listening also to your music which is excellent by the way.You have got your stamp on It.

Must mention Mixcraft 8 Pro .It is a fantastic daw to get around and no Problems so far.

all the Best
john
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi

I dont want to bore you too much .
I have reworked the song on the Tyros 5 keyboard as articulations on the guitar were too much and eased back a little
Finished the song in Mixcraft adding a few fireworks this time to get that London Dockland feeling on that night i saw the concert
Playing a guitar like this Is qute a feat on a keyboard as things go more wrong than right!!
Never stop learning

ALL THE BEST
JOHN :D
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Love it. It sparkles. Sounds a LOT better than my real guitar playing :)
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi Freightgod.

Thanks for your heads up there.
I can tell you It Is not a walk In the Park with a keyboard and especially with the tyros 5.
You have aftertouch whch messes things up sometimes and a note does not sound properly if you get the timing slightly out or If you do not take your left hand off before making a bend.
I just keep on practicing and all eventually falls Into line.
I am not an expert mixer and hope the sound is up to standard or whatever that Is!!! :?
Thanks for the listen

all the best
john :)