April 1st came early? No,lol..RobertAllan Stuff

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobertAllan

April 1st came early? No,lol..RobertAllan Stuff

Post by RobertAllan »

Some of you may have noticed my "april 1st" announcement. To be honest i had this
detailed vivid idea for what my next release would be, but as ive tried to compile it, mix it,
re-mix it, i came to the realisation that i was thinking "too big" in terms of where i am musically,
and i really didnt want to half-ass anything. So i put my idea in a different folder and started from
scratch with the material and ideas i had that was more or less done. I can easily say its my best work so far
but then again that might not mean much,lol. Anyways..Just released my new EP. its on my bandcamp page
(link at the bottom of post). I know the user showcase sub-forum isnt the most active place, and i learned last times
that a compilation of songs (whether it be albums,ep`s etc..) isnt what people want, but IF you have followed
my musical journey and have some time on your hands, feel free to give me a listen. Hope some of you will find something there they like.

https://robertallan.bandcamp.com/album/ ... d-black-ep

RobertAllan
RobertAllan

Re: April 1st came early? No,lol..RobertAllan Stuff

Post by RobertAllan »

Ok..note to self: Stop posting music here on mixcraft lol!
I will write a book here, but doubt anyone will read it so no biggie. I guess i got spoiled when i first started posting my musical stuff online on a forum that is long gone. i get that this forum is mainly directed at production etc.. So its not like things dont make sense, i just wish they were different. Dont get me wrong ive never looked back and second guessed my desicion to start making music on my own. I will prolly always make music to some degree, and i do it mainly for myself, so this isnt really changing anything, but it used to more fun sharing it. I dont know what happened, but seems that some people saw potential in what i was doing for a while, gave helpful advice etc.. etc..
And i honestly feel like im constantly evolving. Whenever i finish something i feel like ive become better at something, whether it be a production trick, a vocal take im for some reason happy with, getting better at writing "songs" not just melodies etc.. But i guess im evolving away from intresting, i have to admit ive might have become boring or something, which is fine.
its all part of the journey i guess. i do by no means deserve to be put on a pedestal or a standing ovation, but whenever i post something (not just share with friends etc) it is a somewhat vulnerable thing. And i guess in a way worse then negative feedback is being irrelevant. And based on "plays" it seems quite a few have taken a listen but no-one has seen the need to say anything. Its fine of course, it is what it is, but it sucks going from exited to frustrated. So i guess this is my way of accepting things and i prolly wont share any music on here for awhile. No one benefits from it so.

RobertAllan
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

Wow, I think I was the first to listen but I think it was like 4 am or something haha so thought someone else would have first say.

I don't think much of anything sounds fun or finished outside of WWAOTS which at 6 minutes is way too depressingly long.

So I dunno what else to say. Mostly it's just not my style of music, so no hard feelings.

BUT PLEASE DO keep posting links to new stuff!
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

and yeah, I know the feeling about getting no reaction after putting in a lot of work, too, but remember that this is a pretty small circle of regular lurkers here. Still, we're all just bozos on this bus, after all, so I appreciate when anyone shares their efforts.

And you've been a lot more productive than me, lately, so good on you, mate! :D
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

freightgod wrote: I don't think much of anything sounds fun or finished outside of WWAOTS which at 6 minutes is way too depressingly long.

So I dunno what else to say. Mostly it's just not my style of music, so no hard feelings.

BUT PLEASE DO keep posting links to new stuff!
I respect that.
freightgod wrote:and yeah, I know the feeling about getting no reaction after putting in a lot of work, too, but remember that this is a pretty small circle of regular lurkers here. Still, we're all just bozos on this bus, after all, so I appreciate when anyone shares their efforts.

And you've been a lot more productive than me, lately, so good on you, mate! :D
I fully aware of that. Like i said originally, i dont deserve a standing ovation or to be put on a pedestal or anything like that, but having my "work" ignored just frustrates me to much. I had hoped/hope that all aspects of my musical journey to be rewarding, inspirational and most of all fun and challenging in some form, so when things just stops being fun im like
"why set myself up for failure when i know how much it frustrates me?" and right now its just not worth it. Ill prolly just post on my soundcloud from time to time and with friends etc.. and leave it at that.
Appreciate the time and comments though.

RobertAllan