The Awakening: 100% Crafted in Mixcraft Pro 7

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stephan

The Awakening: 100% Crafted in Mixcraft Pro 7

Post by Stephan »

Let me know what you think about my track called "The Awakening".: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFV_wMgjmM

You can even see the Mixcraft program in the background.
AHornsby

Re: The Awakening: 100% Crafted in Mixcraft Pro 7

Post by AHornsby »

Good one... I think! You could have provided a private link to the homies in the forum... without the hyper tags, at least for a while.

I'm getting what appears to sound like old record noise and I don't know if it's something you did intentionally. Did you? On that count if you did, it gets a little annoying, i.e., too much.

It's a neat (yes, neat) sound from what I could listen to -h
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Hi AHornsby,

Yes, the old record sound was added intentionally. I typically add that sound because I enjoy the vintage like sound.
Thanks for the feedback nonetheless. I have taken note of your response.

:)
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AHornsby wrote:Good one... I think! You could have provided a private link to the homies in the forum... without the hyper tags, at least for a while.
Without the hyper tags? What is that?
You say I could have provided a private link? Why would I do that? Why make it private?
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Stephan wrote:Hi AHornsby,

Yes, the old record sound was added intentionally. I typically add that sound because I enjoy the vintage like sound.
Thanks for the feedback nonetheless. I have taken note of your response.

:)
Yes. I can understand adding a bit of it as it does add to the general feel of the song but the continuation of it at length tended to become a distraction... to me. You know how people are though. Someone else might just think you need more of it. :) -h
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Stephan wrote: Without the hyper tags? What is that?
You say I could have provided a private link? Why would I do that? Why make it private?
What I mean is that if you want opinions then you might want to take off those interruptive announcement sequences so that an appraisal can be made of the entire song. Call them 'hyper tags' if you will. I got comfortable listening your good musical piece and then came the 'hype' of trying to sell it which pretty much spoiled my process of giving you some idea of what you were asking of me.

Personally, I'd be more prone to buying music if I could just hear the production instead of being sold on one.

You could do both. A private link for those you'd trust to not abuse your music so you could get some decent feedback.

If I was asking for feedback I'd provide a private link that couldn't be downloaded but I could also post the hyper tagged version in a public forum like YouTube.

Best Regards, -h
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AHornsby wrote:
Personally, I'd be more prone to buying music if I could just hear the production instead of being sold on one.

You could do both. A private link for those you'd trust to not abuse your music so you could get some decent feedback.

If I was asking for feedback I'd provide a private link that couldn't be downloaded but I could also post the hyper tagged version in a public forum like YouTube.

Best Regards, -h
I see how you'd do things now.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

People aren't interested in my stuff much so maybe I should try it your way. :) -h
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'd have to agree that assessing and giving feedback on a project laden with a sales pitch watermark every 30 seconds is a non-starter for me as well. I made it to the second one and bailed.
If your really that concerned about someone lifting your work, you could edit out an excerpt, minus the intro and outro, just an example minute or something.

As far as the "static", its quite distracting in the silence of the early intro, but once the tune gets going, its not so obvious. The voice over stuff also is a negative for me but.... Whatever floats yer' boat. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page