New Rock Song 'Undertake'

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Fiddlesticks

New Rock Song 'Undertake'

Post by Fiddlesticks »

Hi, I'm still trying to get some rock music out of Mixcraft without playing any real instrument. ;)

This song has a driving beat and comes with electric and accoustic guitars plus some brass in the middle of the song. I tried to keep the instruments rather simple and to focus on the beat. Here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/fiddlesticks-35567261/undertake
GovernmentMule

Re: New Rock Song 'Undertake'

Post by GovernmentMule »

Hope you take this as constructive criticism and just my opinion. I like the backing track( driving beat) throughout the song and the way you mixed it up at the end. If you could come up with a good melody and some vocals to go along with the beat it would be a nice complete song. What through me off was the nylon string guitar melody at the breakdown in the middle. I just did not like it. It seemed out of place to me and did not seem to fit the song.
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

Don`t know why but it really reminded me of background music in 80`s movies,lol
I liked the driving beat, and i dont know if its a timing issue or just my ears, but its not that i hated
the acoustic guitar thing, just it felt a bit out of place for me. Overall pleasent production aswell :)

RobertAllan
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

There's some good work in the arrangement. But as others have pointed out, some of the virtual instruments sounds sound too much like bad virtual instruments don't they!

But hey, I bet you learned a lot working on that! And sometimes that makes the end product sound even better.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Fiddlesticks

Post by Fiddlesticks »

Thank you all for your feedback!
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

On another note - I think you should consider "virtual" instruments as "real" instruments. They are real to me! But I know what you mean . . .
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

OK, "software instruments" perhaps? :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Since I'm an 'in the box' type one could say that the moment a live player with a 'real' instrument gets recorded, it just becomes a 'virtual' instrument from then on. Since it's all about the sound these days it can't be about the performer or the instrument anymore.