Amaranth (Game-Soundtrack)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Amaranth (Game-Soundtrack)

Post by UilleannB »

This is my part of soundtrack for an indy-game in the making. In case you were wondering, the theme of the sub-world I wrote the music for is earth- and stone-related, hence the excessive use of stone and wood percussions. :lol:

I posted the first tracks of this a while ago, but now that it has grown I made a playlist and post all the tracks in order:

https://soundcloud.com/ac_composer/sets ... arth-world

Comments are welcome. Enjoy!
AHornsby

Re: Amaranth (Game-Soundtrack)

Post by AHornsby »

That's a nice catalog of music worth listening to. Thanks. -h
kenrob2037

Post by kenrob2037 »

I'm quite a fan of Game Soundtracks and you've done a great jog here.

They are clear clean songs, arranged quite well. Good job. Hope they sell for you.

Excellent titles too.

Cheers

rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Thanks for the comment. Glad when people enjoy it.

Since this is an indy game, it can still be some time until the release, and then we'll have to see whether and how it sells (bu everyone sure invests a lot of energy).

I wonder if people here have experience selling their music at a page, like Amazon, Bandcamp or others, and what your experiences are (pros and cons).
kenrob2037

Post by kenrob2037 »

I've been using Bandcamp for years. https://robjkennedy.bandcamp.com/

And it works fine. It's easy to set up, and they are very helpful and giving. But, ah, there's always a but, none of these sites will do anything for your music sales unless you already have a well-established platform.

I don't, that's why it's doing nothing for me. By a platform I mean your music must already be on several sites, eg: Soundcloud, YouTube and others, and with the most important things, Fans. You must have built up your fan base.

Now there's a lot of sites out there that will tell you getting those fans meaning paying them to do it. None of them work. I've tried many, and they are only in it to make money for themselves.

The best way to get fans and people buying and listening to your stuff is to perform live. Some can't do that. Solo artists are really pushing shit up a hill to try and achieve recognition in the music world. Bands work better simply due to numbers, contacts, interactions, group dynamics and the greater networking possibilities of a group over a solo artist.

The great "solo" artists, Tori Amos, Bjork, Springsteen, Prince, all have the best bands working with them.

I've been making music for 40 years. And only in the last five have I really been trying to get my stuff out there. But, I've never performed live. Scared probably. A live performance will make all the difference to your reputation, standing, and recognition.

Maybe one day I'll have what it takes to perform my stuff live to an audience. Of course, there's much that has to go into getting that first gig, but you are better off focusing on that than trying to do anything online. Do that later, with the help of others.

Cheers

rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I tried and got my account at bandcamp. Don't think this will get many buyers though, if any - especially as I noticed that bandcamp doesn't protect it's audio files (can be downloaded by firefox plugin very easy). I don't know how Amazon does it (Silverlight Streaming?!), but they charge also a huge percentage ... :roll: